Rudy's NY law license suspended

Yeah sorry didn’t mean to be rude.

@WuWei @SixFoot

I know it’s public record but is it cool if i pull that part of the decision and post it with a link to it. Just don’t want to breach any tos rules

1 Like

Isn’t that how we usually do any links?

2 Likes

do you not know that trump and corruption go together throughout his life? its the only way he does business.

I would be happy with just a simple word for word quote of one of the lies.

Okie cool thank you! I thought there was something with the length of the quote. That may have been old TOS

1 Like

I guess just explain what you’re quoting and don’t flood the page.

1 Like

Here is the pertinent cite from the decision. On a radio show!!! Ridiculously stupid decision.

Respondent repeatedly stated that in the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania more absentee ballots came in during the election than were sent out before the election. The factual “proof” he claimed supported his conclusion was that although Pennsylvania sent out only 1,823,148 absentee ballots before the election, 2,589,242 million absentee allots were then counted in the election. This factual statement regarding the number of ballots mailed out before the election was simply untrue. The true facts are that 3.08 million absentee ballots were mailed out before the general election, which more than accounted for the over 2.5 million mail-in ballots that were actually tallied. Notwithstanding the true facts, respondent repeatedly advanced false statements that there were 600,000 to 700,000 fabricated mail-in ballots, which were never sent to voters in advance of the election.

Respondent made these false claims during his November 8, 2020 radio program, Uncovering the Truth with Rudy Giuliani & Dr. Maria Ryan, during a November 25, 2020 meeting of the Republican State Senate Majority Policy Committee in Gettysburg, Pennsylvania, during a December 2, 2020 meeting of the Michigan House Oversight Committee, during his December 17, 2020 broadcast of the radio show Chat with the Mayor, and he repeated it during an episode of Steve Bannon’s the War Room: Pandemic podcast on December 24, 2020. Respondent does not deny that his factual statement, that only 1.8 million mail-in ballots were requested, was untrue.

Here is the direct link.

WW

2 Likes

Did he break any laws with this? :thinking:

1 Like

I wonder if Trump ever paid him?

1 Like

Name one person who came out ahead after associating with Trump. Melania excluded.

No. You don’t have to beak laws to be suspended. I have an issue with this being a preliminary suspension. It is tenuous at best. You want to disbar him or rule on the actual investigation be my guest. An interim suspension drawn on a clearly subjective position opens the door to a lot of issues. More importantly, it’s on a case by case basis. I guarantee that famous lawyers have gone on the radio and exaggerated or overstated a case. Very few of them get suspended from practicing law.

I don’t like irrational decisions

3 Likes

This sure does make it sound like grudges are the real factor here.

Is he licensed in any other state(s)?

3 Likes

I got 3.

Putin.
Xi.
Kim Jong Un.

2 Likes

Good point. Although I really doubt that Melania was happy being First Lady.

1 Like

The Saudi Arabia royal family

No idea to be honest

1 Like

Me neither. I tried to look, but the search engines are stuck to the left right now. lol

1 Like

Stormy

For reference, has the NY bar ever suspended the license of a prosecutor for misconduct?

People have faced decades in prison, frequently on death row, when prosecutors in conceal evidence of innocence and/or misrepresent facts in criminal cases. They almost never face any punishment.

Prosecutors Are Almost Never Disciplined For Misconduct | HuffPost

1 Like