ROYAL WELCOME: President Trump Arrives at UK’s Buckingham Palace, Meets Queen Elizabeth II

Originally published at: ROYAL WELCOME: President Trump Arrives at UK’s Buckingham Palace, Meets Queen Elizabeth II | Sean Hannity

President Trump arrived in London Monday morning as part of his European trip culminating in D-Day commemoration ceremonies in France; meeting Prince Charles and Queen Elizabeth II at Buckingham Palace.

“Trump could be seen chatting with members of the Guard of Honor as the rest of the American delegation, from a terrace, observed the elaborate arrival ceremony, complete with the playing of ‘The Star-Spangled Banner.’ Royal gun salutes were fired from nearby Green Park and from the Tower of London as part of the pageantry accompanying an official state visit,” reports Fox News.

London Mayor Sadiq Khan labeled Trump a “fascist” and “global threat” hours before his arrival; escalating a feud between the two leaders that stretches back years.

@SadiqKhan, who by all accounts has done a terrible job as Mayor of London, has been foolishly ‘nasty’ to the visiting President of the United States, by far the most important ally of the United Kingdom. He is a stone cold loser who should focus on crime in London, not me,” tweeted the President.

“Kahn reminds me very much of our very dumb and incompetent Mayor of NYC, de Blasio, who has also done a terrible job – only half his height. In any event, I look forward to being a great friend to the United Kingdom, and am looking very much forward to my visit. Landing now!” he added.

….Kahn reminds me very much of our very dumb and incompetent Mayor of NYC, de Blasio, who has also done a terrible job – only half his height. In any event, I look forward to being a great friend to the United Kingdom, and am looking very much forward to my visit. Landing now!

— Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) June 3, 2019

British Prime Minister Theresa May will host the visit, but will resign her position within days following her failure to deliver Brexit years after the UK’s referendum.

The Prime Minister’s political future has been in jeopardy for months after several high-ranking members of her cabinet quit following her ‘Soft’ Brexit proposal.

“Whatever our background, the colour of our skin, or who we love. We stand together. And together we have a great future. Our politics may be under strain, but there is so much that is good about this country. So much to be proud of. So much to be optimistic about. I will shortly leave the job that it has been the honour of my life to hold — the second female prime minister but certainly not the last. I do so with no ill-will, but with enormous and enduring gratitude to have had the opportunity to serve the country I love,” said May.