Romney To Vote To Convict

If memory serves, Romney was a RINO before he ran for president. One of my first clues that the GOP cared less about principles and more about maintaining control was when all the RINO talk went away when he became the nominee. Same with McCain

“The president is guilty of an appalling abuse of public trust,” Romney said on the Senate floor. “What the president did was wrong, grievously wrong.”

1 Like

At least the ones of faith will remember that this man placed his sworn oath before God ahead of his own personal political wants or desires. I suspect that is something that matters to a great many voters in Utah who equally share in religious beliefs and take seriously an oath taken before God.

2 Likes

Romney wasn’t in the mood to play the moderate darling card of “it was bad but he learned his lesson” or “an impeachable offense doesn’t mean we should impeach” or “it was inappropriate”

1 Like

How dare he do this?!?
Party > principle all day and everyday with this GOP senate. He need to get with it or get out.

3 Likes

And Romney is basing this on only a small portion of the evidence that wasn’t obstructed.

The rest of the cowards in the Senate are shameful.

2 Likes

and now the left’s heroic heartthrob!

I’m your huckleberry. But again you wouldn’t know because you weren’t here. :sunglasses:

1 Like

My favorite adjective they use for anyone who tells the truth about Trump: Disloyal.

Other people who use that adjective: Mobsters.

on any other day the Utah “religious” are mocked! lol lol

Let’s not lose our minds here, Romney is a political windsock. If he’s doing this, a) he is positive Trump is going to lose this year and b) he sees political advantage in it.

3 Likes

God has been invisible to this GOP senate ever since they decided to bend the knee.

3 Likes

If you are doing that, then it is not polite or necessary. I am certainly not doing that, as a man of faith myself.

I disagree. There is zero political advantage to doing this. He will not be re-embraced by the Cult…ever. He should be able to hold onto his seat in Utah though.

It’s sad you believe that. Romney’s sincerity is something I’m pretty seriously questioning…

He’s a bitter never Trumper. IMHO there’s nothing about his faith in God here, it’s just his vote to go after a guy he doesn’t like.

It doesn’t matter. Trump will be officially acquitted in a few hours…All we have is our opinions mine is that Romney stood on the wrong side of this issue. God had nothing to do with it.

3 Likes

Poor Mitt wanted a different spot in history but could not achieve it. He will settle for this “historic” spot. If you did not see this coming your eyes were closed.

2 Likes

If Trump loses you are going to see the biggest 180 in history.

3 Likes

On so many fronts this is absolutely true. One of the more depressing parts of this age of Trump is how many people are turning away from God as a result. I have so much more I would say on this topic, but I try to keep my preaching to myself and my Bible study group. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Did you listen to his speech? Do you know how religious the man is? I mean, truly, truly is? To suggest this had nothing to do with an oath sworn before God is to suggest you know very, very little about Romney.

2 Likes

Astounding, really. And for Trump.

1 Like