Roger Stone pleads the Fifth

CNN reported today that Roger Stone invoked the Fifth Amendment in response to a request to turn over documents to the Senate Judiciary Committee.

“Mr. Stone’s invocation of his Fifth Amendment privilege must be understood by all to be the assertion of a Constitutional right by an innocent citizen who denounces secrecy,” the letter states.

Yeah, sure you little weasel. Just wait until January when he can be subpoenaed.

Didn’t our President discuss what kind of people plead the fifth?

7 Likes

“The mob takes the Fifth Amendment. If you’re innocent, why are you taking the Fifth Amendment?”

4 Likes

Impossible for him not to project.

Im ■■■■■■■ possible.

Didnt Hillary sit, in public for like 12 hours?

1 Like

He’ll crack like the others. Then Trump will wish him a long prison sentence.

What happened to the post with Trump’s statement?!

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/the-fix/wp/2017/05/23/if-youre-innocent-why-are-you-taking-the-fifth-trump-said-years-after-invoking-it-himself/?utm_term=.bacea5dce75b

For reference, the above is when Trump proclaimed taking the fifth likened someone to being a part of the mob, and obviously guilty!

Oh but there is no collusion…pound sand

1 Like

An assortment of Trump statements.

Yeah the 5th only works if you work in goverment like Lois Lerner.

What’s your point? Bad for her and good for Stone? Good for Stone and bad for her?

Deflect from Trump’s good friend and darling of the right Roger Stone pleading the fifth?

So you approved when Lerner did it too?

Only difference is that Stone isn’t a goverment official as Lerner was.

Are you two going to deny that?

Who gives a crap…

I seem to remember a lot of IRS top dogs under Obama taking the fifth instead of answering questions about why they held up tea party organizations tax exempt status.

You seem to forget only one person called people taking the fifth a guilty pseudo-mobster.

I could care less what Trump called someone. I just remember all the members on the left defending Lerner for pleading the fifth. You really don’t have a leg to stand on when you cheer one person taking the fifth and than turn around and condemn another person for taking the fifth.
For me its their right to do what ever they feel is best for them.

And biggest problem was Lerner was at at the top or near the top of powerful government agency.

Federal civil service employee no less.

You responded to a direct quote from the president! :joy: