Rod (The Weasel) Rosenstein

It’s my belief he’s singing up a storm. Have you guys noticed his action, that blank stare during Barr press conference? He will do anything…anything to cover his ass even if he rats everyone out.

Keep in mind he knows everything that went down within CoJ and FBI…everything. And he was also the last one that signed the FISA warrant after 9 months knowing they didn’t have anything.

He was set to resigned but Barr kept him on for a reason. Since The Weasel started this witch hunt…Barr made sure he was there for ending.

I can’t wait for the result of barr non existent investigation to finish.

I sure hope so… The Obama admin’s corruption needs to be prosecuted for the sake of the republic…

Jonathan Turley wrote this article/opinion piece for the Hill that Rosenstein isn’t off the hook.

This little part caught my attention.

It turned out that I was not the only one raising the conflict question after Mueller was appointed. A later report indicated Rosenstein ignored demands within the Justice Department to remove himself in 2017. It details a heated argument about his apparent conflict with then Acting FBI Director Andrew McCabe, who objected to Rosenstein demanding that McCabe recuse when Rosenstein had an equally glaring conflict.

Seems to me there has been lot of infighting going on back in 2017.

And then this part where Rosenstein was advise not to stick around.

The timing also is concerning. Rosenstein was scheduled to leave the Justice Department weeks earlier but surprised many by announcing that he would stick around. Reports indicate that the Justice Department was told Mueller would not reach a conclusion of obstruction around that time. It would have been wise to avoid any role in the final report, given his personal and professional interests. Instead, he stayed in his position and, according to Barr, played a critical role in rejecting the basis for an obstruction of justice charge despite his potential conflict.

Of course the press said Rosenstein was being hold hostage by Barr. But we know he didn’t have to stick around. Why did he?

He’s singing folks.

Read the article here.

https://thehill.com/opinion/judiciary/437114-rod-rosenstein-is-not-off-the-hook

:rofl:

I’m going to show this post and your “analysis” to Turley when I see him later this week. I think he’ll get a kick out of it.

I’ve told him some stories about this message board, and how his columns are occassionally used.

2 Likes

You do that.

Tell him I said hi.

Yes I know little about him, he comes off pretty liberal…and thus make his analyst interesting.

I wouldn’t describe him as “liberal”, and I don’t think he would call himself that either.

If I remember correctly, Gary Johnson wanted to put him on the Supreme Court.

He has strong liberal leanings…but he isn’t your common radical as libs. And he doesn’t come off as authoritarian either.

I know he wanted to go after Bush for war crimes if my memory of him serves me correct.

Seen him on Meet the Press back when I use to watch it before they gone all radical on us.

I think all political labels are ■■■■■■■■ - particularly when they sre assigned by the opposition - but if any label fit Turley, it would probably be “libertarian”.

He did opine that Bush was guilty of war crimes - but he also testified against Clinton during his impeachment.

He’s a very interesting guy, but a ■■■■ professor.

I remember that, Meet the press with Tim Russert during Clinton scandal. I think that was when i first hear of him.

Edit to add if you’re going to show him this forum/thread you may want to edit out that post. :rofl:

:rofl:

Nah, he’d get it.

So you think Rosenstein is singing?

No.

I think Barr asked him to stay - to minimize drama and aid the transition - and he did.

Did you watch Barr press conference? That Weasel didn’t want to be there…that was clear as night and day.

I don’t doubt that he didn’t want to be there.

Have you ever stood in the background at a press conference? It sucks.

There’s a picture of me that ran in the New York Times, standing behind an unnamed elected official, about 30 minutes into a speech, yawning.

Yeah, no kidding. Anyone who has ever pointed out the in fighting in this admin has been accused of having TDS and spreading fake news.

Thread bookmarked. It should be fun to review where this stands a year from now.

1 Like

You are so cool.

I wish I could witness that.

i’ve posted this 50 times and it continues to be true.

when one of the mafia guys is under investigation/been busted/indicted/arrested the mafia lawyers attack, attack, attack.

they attack judges, juries, police, detectives, investigations, prosecutors, etc.

imo, that’s what’s happening in Republican Media (to protect the New York City Republican) and it’s filtering down to the masses.