Robert Mueller scores a victory as federal judge allows criminal case against Paul Manafort to move forward

Not in the case of the POTUS.

Cool. Prove it.

Okay. But I didnā€™t know this was a teaching thread.

Conspiracy.

Backing up oneā€™s claims makes this a personal responsibility thread. Like all the others.

So according to Piper, thereā€™s nothing to the investigation, no crimes, and even if there were, those laws donā€™t apply to Trump anyway.

Just because it like something to post on an Internet forum. A stray fart filled with immense knowledge.

1 Like

Felt like something . . .

The Office of Legal Counsel memorandum in 1973 on ā€œExamining whether criminal proceedings against a sitting president should be barred by the doctrine of separation of powers.ā€

Their conclusion was, that it is barred by the doctrine of separation of powers. There is only one person who runs the executive branch, who is the commander-in-chief: the President of the United States.

One national election, one president with specific duties under Article One of the Constitution of the United States.

Good. What is the current legal power of that memorandum?

It was incorporated in into a second memo in 2000.

The rules that to all prosecutors also apply to Mr. Mueller.

That isnā€™t true.

Paywalled but I will note, you can find a law professor that will say just about anything.

The only people who get to judge a President are in congress.

Breaking news is that Paul Manafortā€™s estranged son-in-law flipped and has a secret plea deal in place.

Wait- Giuliani says Mueller says he can indict Trump. Mueller hasnā€™t said a word.

Yep. Besides, even if a sitting President cannot be indicted while in office, they certainly can once they leave office. There is no reason for Mueller to stop the investigation here at all.

1 Like

I meant to say Wait- Giuliani says Mueller says he canā€™t indict Trump. Mueller hasnā€™t said a word. Where is the edit button?

UST IN: @NBCNews confirms Paul Manafortā€™s former son-in-law has flipped and cut a secret plea deal with federal investigators

J

:sunglasses: