Robert Francis O'Rourke 1 point behind Rafael Bienvenido Cruz in Texas

Beta + 2 vs Cruz +1 = neither of those is an outlier.

Cruz +9 is the outlier.

WE ARE AMAZING!

2 Likes

I’m surprised that Texas is as red as it is.
45.3 % White
37.6 % Hispanic
12 % Black
Also Northerners are moving in in droves because companies are moving here to take advantage of lower taxes.

It won’t stay red for long.

Trump won Texas by less than 10% of the vote. A much smaller margin than many truly red states. Texas isn’t as red as many believe it to be.

Cool! - sounds kinda like Coffin Break to me.

Funny. That article talks about a trend of O’Rourke closing the gap and how this is the first poll where he is ahead of Cruz, as if this were some upward line on a graph.
Then it says that the poll released one day previously shows Cruz ahead by 9 points.

The only poll that matters will be held in November. For the record, I believe Cruz wins by between 3-4%.

Maybe, but just this week the first Republican conservative Hispanic was elected to the state Senate, flipping his district.

Actually, Cruz is a conservative Hispanic.
There are a few, a very few.

It’s hilarious that it is even this close. Smarmy and spineless Cruz is fighting for his political life in “deep red” Texas against a skateboarding former punk band member.

Let it soak in.

It’s almost as if a large segment of the electorate is fed up with Trumpist human garbage.

Right?

Right.

I rolled my van (In the air) and decided I had pressed my luck as far as I would. I just dont like the drunk/drugged me. Clarity is the most insane High I have ever experienced.

1 Like

It’s strange you used quotation marks but then just made some words up and then ascribed them to the person you purport to quote. Then you went further and said " Yeah, that’s what he said"

That’s not what he said, and either you don’t know how quotation marks work or you’re purposefully displaying for us that you’re willing to say a dishonest thing, and then support that false claim with more dishonesty.

What he actually said is important. You don’t have to agree with it, and if you use the actual quote we can discuss it, but you certainly have no right to create a fictional quote and then attempt to mislead the forum with it.

2 Likes

Texas is really more of a non-voting state than anything.

Yep- last in the US - about 30%

Well no. You see, when you put something in quotes, you’re saying they literally said that. He said nothing of the sort. He was telling a story about he was visiting employers and one such case was a cotton gin operator. He said the owner couldn’t find any workers born in America willing to do the job.

Now, what’s the issue?

To be fair, I can see Trump supporters being confused by that because that’s how Trump uses quotes. He doesn’t know how they work either.

He sees a black guy and immediately thinks of cotton picking.

We know the drill.

So he didn’t say what you say he did?

Can you even imagine if Trump had seen a black person and said that to him?
So many threads would have to be merged.

try 9! Quinnepiac! Cruz is up by 9! This time you lie!