Robert Francis O'Rourke 1 point behind Rafael Bienvenido Cruz in Texas

Also in the closing days of the 2000 election, it was revealed that George W Bush was picked up for DUI. His DUI occurred something like 25 years before it became public.

Data point of me, but my area in Texas had supposedly one of the highest vote percentages for Trump in the country.

I’ve seen a handful of Beto signs and bumper stickers around. Not a lot mind you, but several.

Seen nothing for Cruz.

Cancel out my vote for Cruz, I guess.

My area undoubtedly went heavily for Trump. I don’t think I saw one Trump yard sign.

Yes. Over 20 years ago. And he already discussed it during his prior election runs, which he won. Them digging this up is ■■■■■■■ pathetic and desperate, and hilariously flaccid given their support of the gross adulterous ■■■■■ grabbing pig in the White House.

Beto just might win.

same, out of state but not CA

Me? Nope. Fake news. Plus, if you read this op you’d see that doesn’t even make sense.

Not convicted. In Texas that means your mugshot becomes a free headshot.

Never made that prediction though. Conan’s confused again.

I honestly don’t think Texas will turn blue for quite a while unless Republicans put a Walter Mondale ala 1984.

The race between Cruz and Beto is going to be close. It’ll be interesting to see if Cruz sucks it up and tries to get Trump to campaign for him.

Silly libs, TX is the same fools gold for you that NJ is for the GOP.

RCP has just made Texas Sen… a Toss Up.

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/2018/senate/tx/texas_senate_cruz_vs_orourke-6310.html

Wow.

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1035575198169411584

Looks like Ted is calling in his Daddy for some reinforcements. Sad.

I’m in Tx-27, Blake Farethold’s old district. Michael Cloud already defeated his Democratic opponent in the recent special election, so it’s not going to be competitive IMO.

https://twitter.com/Rschooley/status/1034982008328310791

Olson has in the past won quite handily in this district but Fort Bend is I think the most diverse county in all of Texas and we have a huge South Asian community. Sri is an awesome guy who genuinely cares about building bridges and is the polar opposite from Trump. Hopefully we can get out the vote and make Olson sweat a little.

His opponent is a disaster for Texas - weak on Second Amendment, Crime, Borders, Military, and Vets!

LOL. Do you think Trump could actually name Cruz’s opponent, if asked? I don’t. That’s pure Trump boilerplate.

1 Like

Couple things. No I don’t think Trump knows who the opponent is. And I’m surprised how this doesn’t come up more but all of Trump’s endorsements and denigrations of candidates are exactly the same with names changed. It’s not even trying. And finally, if Cruz wins(and I’m pretty sure he’s going to) by like five points which I think we can all agree is a pretty good possibility and a very bad showing for what should be a super safe senate seat, get ready for Trump to proudly proclaim that he saved Cruz and that he stopped the Democrat from surely winning. It was that massive Trump enthusiasm train that got a Republican elected to the senate in Texas.

2 Likes

I know there’s pictures of Beto in a dress floating around and it hasn’t hurt him lol.

Oh, absolutely. At any rate, it’s crazy that the POTUS has to come out and give the conservative senate candidate backup in a Texas midterm. Exciting time to be alive.