Robert Francis O'Rourke 1 point behind Rafael Bienvenido Cruz in Texas

Still never made it to Texas yet, to achieve my lifelong dream of doing the bit from Pee Wee’s Big Adventure.

Chances are much higher neither one happens.

Also, all the cities I’ve lived in are more than two centuries old. Cities that were designed for the car from the ground up don’t feel right. To me, those are suburbs.

2 Likes

Yeah you wouldn’t fit in here at all.

I guess since I live next to it I ignore it, lol, yeah I hate LA.

I know. I don’t actually even know how my cousin’s stand it. They were in SF before they moved to Austin because they didn’t think they’d ever be able to afford to buy a house. His father had been a prof at UofT and he had lived there as a kid, so that’s where they went. Now her parents have moved from Boston to be closer to them and the grandkids. His parents are now in Boston as he’s teaching there now.

The only reason Cruz would run that is to appeal to blatant racists.

Ted should say what he actually takes issue with in the video.

You are correct, he should.
There are reasons he would object…
Justice has not been denied at this point because she has been arrested and there is an ongoing investigation…therefore O’Raurke is just pandering to stir up rage for political reasons.
He is basically calling out white police offices which is basically a racist statement in itself, at least as much as you can say blaming blacks for crime would be.
She wasn’t even acting as a police officer nor was she on duty…again stirring up outrage against the police to get votes.

But Cruz should have spelled out his reasons.

I meant the Deep South and El Norte in general. I probably wouldn’t fit in where you’re from either, so it goes both ways.

Firearms are an important part of life down here.

Everyone has their likes and dislikes. I’ve been to NYC before. I liked visiting but could ever live there? Heck no. Mississippi gets a bad rap but I love this state.

Those are your reasons.

I can only live in a blue state. I don’t do backwards. I like living in the 21st century.

That’s your point of view. There are things about both blue and red states I find backwards. But I prefer living in a red state.

That’s why there are apples and oranges.

NYC is fine to live in. It is a very large place that has pretty diverse housing options.

It is a lot more expensive than it was 21 years ago when I moved here and the transit system seriously falling apart.

What state do you live in? Are you the one that goes to Saratoga?

As a kid I went to Saratoga every August for the yearling sales. Haven’t been there in 30 + years. Really beautiful place.

Yep. I live in NY.

Track season is great. We go a few times during the meet.

Thought so. Have a nice day.

There is different types of backwards. I grew up around Nashville part of a red state, but have lived in Seattle for the past 10 years because of my job.

There are positives and minuses in both. I find on the whole it’s a lot easier talking about politics with the right than the left. I don’t dare speak about politics where I live it would be societal and possibly career suicide. So I can’t tell you which is worse the “woke” crowd of the “good o boys”,… I do see a lot more diversity in my original southern city than I do in Seattle who will tell you there a diverse city but there not really compared to other cities.