RIP Football. Been Nice Knowing You

That was supposed to be a question. Forgot to add a question mark. :slight_smile:

I just like to play golf once every six to twenty-four months. Football is a boring game to play. I don’t have a favorite sport. I don’t like watching them.

So one school in your state decided not to have football this season. How about across the country?

1 Like

Participation in most sports at the junior level is down. Kids want to sit inside and play video games rather than be outside, sweating and working out. One of the reasons juvenile obesity rates keep rising.

Had you read the 2 articles?

Now I have. The second one, the one giving a country-wide evaluation, gives no reasons for the occurence. I am still not eorried.

Me too! (No hashtag)

Last I heard from a contact of mine on FB, in one state—New Mexico—funding for sports at the middle school level had been cut, citing a need to “balance the budget”.

That’s a shame, because his particular district has some of the poorest children. These families probably can’t afford to pay higher prices for various lessons (for example martial arts, or playing on soccer teams) in more expensive private venues.

It’s their state & their budget. However, if that’s how some want to handle the budget, these same individuals have forfeited their right to fuss about fat kids—who are more likely to come from poorer households.

We’re you one of those kids who got beat up and had they’re lunch money stolen?

I care. Look my local HS (dover tigers) used to be great every year than,well they basically suck every year, nobody comes out for the team anymore…always sad. I played tackle football from basically 7 until mid 20’s. enjoyed playing immensely than hurt my knee and that was that.

Its a great game to play, watch and gamble on.

its all cyclical. back in the 1905 they were going to ban football as too rough.

“In 1905, there was roughly one-fifth the number of college football players as there are today, yet, 18 were killed and 159 severely injured in that one year alone.”

The President at the time (Teddy Roosevelt) threatened to ban football unless changes were made. and change were made.

They instituted the forward pass and banned mass formations (the flying wedge anyone?)

The threat of the ban was rescinded.

Allan