RIP Chadwick Boseman

I don’t usually do these but this is really sad. He was only 43 years old. Cancer sucks

I’m very sorry to hear that.

He was a fighter, filming in between surgeries and rounds of chemotherapy.

Rest In Peace.

Feels like one those i hope it’s a hoax things. But it’s not.

This is really hard. He was an amazing actor and played some iconic roles. RIP

:no_good_man:t5:

Damn. 43 years old. Cancer sucks. He was great in the Marvel movies he was involved with.

Wakanda forever

It is horrible RIP. I didn’t even know that Kelly Preston died two years of breast cancer until I saw a headline the other day that said John Travolta and daughter dance in memory of Kelly.

Everyone has known someone who has succumbed to it, a truly horrible disease that I wish could be eradicated. Chadwick Boseman did a wonderful job playing Black Panther, not sure he can be replaced.

Great actor, seems like a great dude. This sucks.

Ugh. 43. Way too young. I had no idea he was sick. RIP, Chadwick.

https://twitter.com/AustinKKim/status/1299533078629670920?s=20

Absolutely heartrending.

Terrible news.

That is a shock.

RIP

Wakanda forever.

I was just about to post this myself. Just 43 years old, in great shape, everything going for him and then cancer. I know people who smoke their whole lives, don’t eat right, don’t exercise and live into their 80’s. Then see this. It’s hard to believe.

Was a fan of the comic book character and in the MCU.

Actually I do believe he was 39 or 40 when diagnosed. He filmed in between surgeries and chemotherapy, according to my daughter, who saw the Black Panther, had worked on that set after a surgery.

Apparently cancer in black Americans takes place at earlier ages than the average for the general population, and tends to have a poorer outcome:

https://health.usnews.com/health-care/patient-advice/articles/2017-07-05/why-are-african-americans-at-greater-risk-for-colorectal-cancer

There is nothing about cancer that doesn’t suck 100%. It’s very sad, though, that such a young man became sick at such an early age and passed away.

Rest In Power.
He inspired young folks worldwide. He will be missed

This quote is from the article you posted:

“It’s not just genetics,” Burstein says. “There’s a big environmental role [as well]. In North America, lifestyle factors such as diet, rates of obesity, smoking and lack of exercise may unleash a type of tumor that may not occur in healthy people.”

It’s so hard to believe because he was in amazing shape. He clearly looked like a person who ate right, exercised, etc. I still have a hard time believing it.

Sad. He was so young. Cancer sucks. I haven’t told my son yet… huge black panther fan. He’ll be missed.

There was a photo of him from back in the spring were he looked quite thin - at the time, there was some speculation that he had covid.

I didn’t see Black Panther, it’s not my thing, but I think that his performance as James Brown was nothing short of astonishing. Not just mimicry, he was James Brown, and I was stunned that the performance was never nominated for a major award. Brilliant stuff.