Right To Not Fund Fake News

EVERY CITY AND TOWN GOVERNMENT IN AMERICA IS,…
THEY SELL THE RIGHTS TO WIRE OUR STREETS TO CABLE COMPANIES.
what part of that dont you get?
they cant sell away our right to free spoeech.
through the use of public property.

once they operate a private for company on public property, then the government is invloved up to their necks in it.
ONCE IT IS ALSO FOR THE SALE OF FOR PROFIT SPEECH,…
THATS A BIG TIME NO-NO FOR THE GOVERNMENT TO BE INVOLVED IN IT.
SIMPLE REMEDEY THOUGH.
ALLOW THE PUBLIC TO CANCEL THE SUBSCRIPTION TO ANY CHANNEL THEY WANT.
EASY PEASY
THE CABLE COMPANY MAKES MORE MONEY THEN EVER FROM IT.
AND CAN PUT THAT MONEY INTO SALARIES, TECHNOLOGY, PENSIONS,
MAYBE BETTER SENIOR CITIZEN DISCOUNTS

I have used multiple cable and satellite companies and with all of them I can program what is on my menu.
It’s simple.
And broadcast networks gauge their revenue on viewership, not number of subscribers. Your idea will not decrease anyone’s revenue stream.
And about half of TV viewers in this country are not using cable.
And you are proposing that the government mandate how private businesses operate. That sure sounds like Trump. If he had his way he would get rid of any outlet that broadcast him in a negative light.
And if the government should make such a mandate, the hardware and software to do what you propose would have to be developed and installed. And guess who would pay for that?
But let’s also talk about your root cause. And let me say once again. There is no such thing as “fake news”. News is based on facts. If the facts are broadcast with a spin, then that becomes opinion.
If a report starts out “reliable sources say”, that is not news. Just because it appears on a news network does not make it a news story. It is opinion and most of us know the difference.
Look at the latest story. Trump is out on the south lawn of the WH. He looks to the sky and says, “I am the chosen one”. I watch CNN, Fox News and MSNBC. They all did the same thing. They ran the video.
Then Trump comes back and says that he was kidding. And picked out the MANBC reporter and said “you ran fake news”. Tell me how running a video of what he said was “fake news”.
Anyway, IMHO your idea will go nowhere.
The bottom line will always be, if you don’t like it, don’t watch it.

YES IT IS.
DO I HAVE THE RIGHT TO BUY AN ARCHIE COMICS AND NIT BUT THE NY TIMES AT THE DRUG STORE?
YES I DO
but if the drug store told me in order to get an archies comic, i have to but the ny times,
that would not be a violation of the first amendment, cause the store is on private property, and i can always go to the next store who will be glad to sell me an archies comic and not make me buy the ny times

with cable , the cable is on public property, connected to a public utility, overseen by the board of public utilities, the town enters a contract for money with the cable company.
and only one cable company is allowed on any street in any town in america,…
once choice, take it or leave it,
exclusive rights to wire my home with cable from a public street .
GET IT???
all that is happening.
IT IS A MASSIVE NATIONWIDE VIOLATION OF MY RIGHTS
ABRIDGED BY THE GOVERNMENT.

No town in america has to have cable on their streets,
no town,
IT IS A CHOICE MADE BY THE TOWN GOVERNMENT TO ALLOW IT, AND THEY GET BIG MONEY FOR IT FROM THE CABLE COMPANY,…
THAT CJHOICE THE TOWN MAKES MUST PROTECT OUR RIGHT TO CHOOSE TO NOT BE A CUSYTOMER OF ANY PARTUCLAR COMPANIY’S SPEECH

Wrong. In my little town in central Texas I have the choice of three cable companies.
And two satellite providers.
And my friends in other cities here and in California have multiple companies that they can choose from.
So wherever you are getting that information is bunk.

And you really don’t need to go all caps and bold to try to make your point.

Like I said, wither or not you subscribe to a network or not will not change their revenue stream.
Their revenue stream gets changed when enough folks tell a advertiser that they will no longer purchase their product and enough do it to cause that advertiser to pull their money.

You have the right to purchase or not. And you have the right to watch or not.
Is your point really worth the time and bandwidth you are using?

1 Like

YOUR CABLE COMPANY, UNLESS THEY HAVE IMPLEMENTED SDV, DOES NOT HAVE THE TECHNICAL INFRASTRUCTURE TO SELL YOU INDIVIDUAL CHANNELS.

you cannot use multiple cable companies at one home address.
thats impossible anywhere in the country.
a cable company wouldnt spend billions installing the wire, just to have another cable company undercut them.
THAT IS WHY TOWNS SELL EXCLUSIVE RIGHTS TO EACH CABLE COMPANY TO WIRE ANY STREET, FOR THE RIGHT TO CIONNECT ANY HOME.
SURE MY PLAN DECREASES THE CHANNELS REVENUE STREAM
FOR EXAMPLE, COMCAST PAYS FOX NEWS 1.50 PER MONTH FOR EVERY SUBSCRIBER COMCAST HAS.
UNDER MY PLAN, IF HALF THE COMCAST SUBSCRIBERS CANCEL FOX NEWS, THEN FOX NEWS WOULD GET HALF THE REVENUE FROM COMCAST.
SO ON AND SO FORTH FOR EVERY CHANNEL, AND EVERY CABLE PROVIDER.
AND THE CABLE COMPANY WILL MAKE MORE MONEY THAN EVER, CAUSE UNDER MY PLAN, THEY WILL TAKE IN THE SAME REVENUE BUT HAVE TO PAY OUT LESS

I don’t know where you are getting your information, but it is wrong.
At my address I can get Cox, AT&T and Spectrum.
If I wanted all three I could get them.
Granted AT&T transmits their TV signals over phone line but is listed as a cable provider.
Spectrum leases space on the Cox line and broadcast their signals at a higher frequencies.
I also can get both Dish and Direct TV (which I now use). So I could get five different providers if I wanted to pay the price.

1 Like

you can get both spctrum and cox i dont think.
which one owns the wire on the pole ?
att i think is phone wire tv, like verizon fios,
that is different technology, a different kind of both wire and totally different engineering in the box on the pole,. those are not cable companies, they are phone wire tv.
Well where i live the only “cable” company i can get is optimum.

how come my topis is not listen in politics anymorte?
form of shadow banning on here?

my argument has everything to do with politics
because it is television more than any other media that works hard everyday to shape what we think with fake news to manipulate our political vote and political beliefs.

the government is interfering in spech if they are seeling cable companies right to wire our town to recive speech, and not protecting our rights to not be a customer of any particluar companies speech
THE CONTRACT THE TOWN HAS WITH THE CABLE COMPANY IS UNCONSTITUTIONAL AS IT DOES NOT PROTECT MY FIRST AMENDMENT RIGHTS, BUT SELLS IT OUT

I don’t believe there is a single court precedent that supports your view… but feel free to CAPITALIZE all your wish. You are under no obligation to purchase cable service from a company that that sells content you disapprove of. Why do you think it is the government’s responsibility to protect you from content you dislike. Conservatives traditionally believed it was the responsibility of the individual to control their own lives and make their own choices. You want government to craft the product that you want to buy.

You appear to be one of the many Trump conservatives who look to the government to take care of their needs rather than taking responsibility for yourself.

And who is it shaping?
In July 2019 the total average viewership for both day time and prime time for Fox News, CNN and MSNBC was a whooping 1.64% of our total population.

Have you brought that up at your City Council meeting?
Have you considered taking your issue to court?
Do you really think that other people agree with you?

The town I live in is under no obligation to sign a contract with a cable company allowing the cable company, exclusive rights to wire our pub,ic streets with cable wires all over the place, maintain, and operate those wires, on public property, for the purpose of sending speech as television.
THE TOWN CAN SAY NO
SORRY, WE DONT WANT IT.
THIS IS CALLED LEVERAGE RIGHT?
Leverage for the town to tell the cable company you want to be in our town, our people want the right to cancel the subscription to any channel.
The town has the right to say that, as the wires do go on public property, where everyones rights must be protected no matter what.
THE CONTRACT THE TOWN HAS WITH OPTIMUM, PREVIOUSLY MONMOTH CABLEVISION, IS UNCONSTITUTIONAL, because it fails to protect our individual rights to free speech

Why don’t you take that to court and see how far you get?

i will,
first i want Trump to answer me when i get my thrird attempt at a petituon to go virul on whitehouse.gov.

the fake news on television is all about politics
i know
i follow it 12-16 hours a day everyday for the past 6 years,…
the russian witch hunt was fake news and political and all over cnn and msnbc everyday.
MYwghole arguement is to not have to fund this fake political news
SEAN HANNITY KEEPS MOVEING THIS POST TO OUTSIDE THE BELTWAY AREA TO HIDE THE TRUTH FROM THE AMERICAN PEOPLE
IT IS WRONG FOR HIM TO DO THIS.

Since you are the one raising the complaint, the court would rule that I “have no standing” to bring the case since I am not the person who was harmed. Since you are making a claim of harm, you should bring the suit to test your understanding of the Constitution – the understanding I disputed.

Who knows, given all the extreme conservative activist judges McConnell has been packing on the courts these past three years, you might get a new interpretation of the Constitution.