RICKY GERVAIS on OSCAR RATINGS DISASTER: ‘I Tried to Warn Them!’

Originally published at: RICKY GERVAIS on OSCAR RATINGS DISASTER: ‘I Tried to Warn Them!’ | Sean Hannity

Comedian Ricky Gervais weighed-in Monday on the ratings disaster that was the 92nd annual Academy Awards; telling Hollywood celebrities he “warned them” to avoid politics during the star-studded event.

“I have nothing against the most famous people in the world using their privileged, global platform to tell the world what they believe. I even agree with most of it. I just tried to warn them that when they lecture everyday, hard working people, it has the opposite effect. Peace,” posted Gervais on social media.

I have nothing against the most famous people in the world using their privileged, global platform to tell the world what they believe. I even agree with most of it. I just tried to warn them that when they lecture everyday, hard working people, it has the opposite effect. Peace.

— Ricky Gervais (@rickygervais) February 10, 2020

The American people changed the channel on the 92nd annual Academy Awards Sunday night; with viewership dropping to an “all time low” after A-list celebrities launched countless attacks against President Trump and Republican voters.

The three-hour-long broadcast attracted just 23.6 million viewers, down from 29.6 million in 2019.

Oscars Average 23.6 Million Viewers On ABC, Gets The Lowest Ratings Of All-Time https://t.co/umIF00orbM

— Daily Caller (@DailyCaller) February 10, 2020

ABC's #Oscars telecast reached all-time lows in the ratings, falling sharply from last year https://t.co/tYtTUAw6zy

— The Hollywood Reporter (@THR) February 10, 2020

“Sunday’s show also falls well short of previous ratings lows for the Oscars, set in 2018. That year the telecast averaged 26.54 million viewers and a 6.8 rating in the demo; Sunday was down 11 percent in viewers and 22 percent in adults 18-49 from prior lows,” reports the Hollywood Reporter.

Read the full report here.

Source: The Hollywood Reporter