Rex Tillerson says Trump ‘asked him to do illegal things’ as Secretary of State

This story is from four months ago but considering Rex was mentioned in the Mueller report, he has an obligation to testify to Congress about the illegal actions he was ordered to do by fat donald.

So often, the president would say here’s what I want to do and here’s how I want to do it and I would have to say to him: ‘Mr President, I understand what you want to do but you can’t do it that way. It violates the law,’” Mr Tillerson said

mafia

You got him now!

1 Like

We knew this from the Mueller report as well, but it does verify some things were / are going on with Trump that wouldn’t happen with someone who had high moral ethics. The republican party really picked a doozy with this one.

2 Likes

and they will defend him to the bitter end if he’ll just keep saying two things.

1 Like

He isn’t the only one Mueller reported stated that people in the admin often disobey his order because they are illegal.

I’m more relieved at the dedication to service people have to say no.

1 Like

I read the article and it would appear that Trump would ask things not from a purposeful attempt to break any laws but to implement his agenda while ignorant of the law. Rex made it clear that what Trump wanted to do, he’d fight for but…the law had to be changed first. If libs want to go down this road, let me share with you ahead of time that it’s nothing but another dead end. Now…light your hair on fire and…RUN. :sunglasses:

1 Like

Agreed. I’m glad there were some people there with ethics who were able to prevent these illegal actions from taking place. I have a high degree of respect for their ethics.

Of course he did, but it doesn’t even matter now. Should have spoke up and loud while he was at his post. So tired of these people being quiet then want to speak up after the fact. Cowards!

1 Like

I was just thinking we haven’t had recycle day for a while.

Come up with some new stuff.

Not that anyone cares about zero credibility sore losers opinions on anything.

1 Like

And of course Trump was so receptive to and thankful for the education he received from Tillerson that he…

…fired him.

:roll_eyes:

9 Likes

Lol - Trump hires only the best and the brightest … then promptly fires them.

SAYING those two things…but not DOING those two things. Goes to show how stupid some people are.

Yep…which means that even though he may have had an axe to grind, this was his statement…debunking the meme of the article.

1 Like

Ah, the Trump is too stupid to know that he’s asking people to commit crimes defense.

3 Likes

Most politicians are lawyers who haven’t been able to develop answers to problems that are continuously being exacerbated as time goes on…but who do know the law. Trump appears to be solving some of these problems, while at the same time, ignorant of the law. I’ll take the latter because as you can see…checks and balances worked in this case.

Personally, I think it’s that Trump is so honest and law abiding that he was just testing his employees to see whether they were as honest as him.

You seem to be missing the point entirely. Trump suggested a course of action and his SOS pushed back stating that course of action would be illegal. End of story.

Now if Trump had stated that he didn’t care if it was illegal and ordered his SOS to knowingly break the law, that would be something else altogether. That is a very clear distinction between someone who isn’t up-to-snuff on every nuance of the law and someone who is knowingly trying to break the law.

Its a shame that Trump haters can’t see what is intuitively obvious to reasonable people in regards to that distinction.

Except for the part where Trump is solving problems, I could almost buy this line of thinking.

2 Likes