Rex Tillerson on Trump

the stupid mafia.

The big difference between the 2 men, from a business perspective, is the amount of accountability they had in their careers. Tillerson worked with publicly traded companies, and had to answer to a board of directors. Trump ran a privately held company, and was accountable to no one. Hence, he ran multiple companies into bankruptcy.

You can see how that difference plays out in Tillerson’s opinion of Trump now. It shows that Tillerson is a lot more savvy for having that accountability in his life.

For Trump, accountability is a foreign concept - and he is not dealing with it well at all. For him, anyone who tries to hold him accountable is “the enemy.”

4 Likes

Well said, marg.

But he does have to do things legally. Something he has run afoul of multiple times in just 2 years.

2 Likes

Well, I’d want a President to president with some dignity, grace, thoughtfulness, courage, curiosity, empathy, intelligence, and honesty.

So it’s less a matter of him not “having” to do it, and more a matter of him being incapable of doing it, as he doesn’t have those qualities.

But your gratuitous defense of him is noted. :slight_smile:

7 Likes

Also, this topic makes a good exhibit in what should be an ongoing display here at hannity.com:

Barack Obama’s Imagine If I Had Done This:

Imagine%20I%20had%20done%20this%201

In today’s episode, one of Barack Obama’s former Secs. of State comes out and says:

“So often, the president would say, ‘Here’s what I want to do, and here’s how I want to do it.’ And I would have to say to him, ‘Mr. President, I understand what you want to do, but you can’t do it that way. It violates the law.’ ”

And that concludes this morning’s Imagine If I Had Done This , although the day is young, and there could still be 10 more examples this afternoon and evening.

7 Likes

:slight_smile: Thank you for that!

They get elected with it.

And you voted for Hillary Clinton. The gratuitous hypocrisy is noted.

I dont think anyone is saying he is suddenly friend to Liberals but his insights into the administration are certainly worth discussing.

I think Tillerson’s comments reflect Trump’s discipline and understanding when it comes to the job of public service. You can argue about Hillary’s grace, dignity, and courage till your blue in the face, but there really isn’t a comparison between Trump/Hilliary when it comes to discipline and aptitude to public service.

2 Likes

No. These two people are not equivalent. Hillary Clinton is perfectly capable of displaying all those things. Donald Trump is not, and I think many of Trump’s supporters and enablers and defenders know that (including you).

Now, if you think I am wrong about Hillary Clinton, and disagree with my assessment of her, that’s fine. But that makes me wrong, not hypocritical.

1 Like

Yet she never has. So yes, gratuitous hypocrisy.

So let only hire nothing but lawyers for pres…is that what you guys want?

Probably.

But mainly someone who’s competent and not crazy.

and corrupt.

Exactly. A lawyer is not necessary, but a cursory understanding of the law is a benefit. And if they do not possess the knowledge of the law that a lawyer possesses, then at least be intellectually curious enough to become informed on the job by doing little things, like reading.

Oh, and how about not embody the seven deadly sins, be horrible as a businessman, and corrupt as the day is long. Those would also be good things.

2 Likes

Or, you know, people who can read a ■■■■■■■ sheet of paper without asking for bullet points.

He literally can’t do the job, Conan. It’s a Presidency run by the Cabinet.

3 Likes

For decades cons have said ‘‘we need a businessman as president’’.

Trump has put the lie to that argument.

1 Like

Trump has dyslexia, and has been hiding it. That’s why he can’t keep up necessary briefings required of a president.

1 Like