Rex Tillerson on Trump

Rex Tillerson, Trump’s former Sec of State, has kept a low profile since leaving the administration in March of this year. But, Tillerson sat down with CBS News this week for an interview and basically confirmed everything we knew about Trump already.

Some choice quotes:

“What was challenging for me coming from the disciplined, highly process-oriented Exxon Mobil corporation,” Tillerson said, was “to go to work for a man who is pretty undisciplined, doesn’t like to read, doesn’t read briefing reports, doesn’t like to get into the details of a lot of things, but rather just kind of says, ‘This is what I believe.’ ”

And also:

“So often, the president would say, ‘Here’s what I want to do, and here’s how I want to do it,’ " Tillerson said, according to the Houston Chronicle, “and I would have to say to him, ‘Mr. President, I understand what you want to do, but you can’t do it that way. It violates the law.’ ”

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/2018/12/07/rex-tillerson-trump-undisciplined-doesnt-like-read-tries-do-illegal-things/?utm_term=.b117364a0279

Pretty crazy stuff, but honestly, who’s surprised? We’re going to see more and more of this kind of thing as ex-members of Trump’s staff open up and do interviews.

TL;DR: Tillerson confirms Trump is lazy, undisciplined, doesn’t prepare for the job, and is pretty much a moron.

4 Likes

When he was named I had my doubts, but he was a pretty steady hand. Unfortunately that seems to be the kiss of death these days.

Oh, it’s funny how SUDDENLY Rex Tillerson is the liberal’s best friend. I’m consistent. I didn’t trust him before, and I don’t trust him now. Whatever he says I will basically believe the opposite.

5 Likes

Donald defies intellectual gravity.

2 Likes

I’m not surprised.

In other news, water is wet.

President’s don’t have to be the smartest guy in the room. Nor do they need to be experts at every subject. But for ■■■■■ sake, a President, at the very least, should at least act like they care about what they are doing. Read a report here and there, sound somewhat intelligent about something … ANYTHING!!! Nope. I mean, I have to give Trump some props for embracing his complete incompetence.

3 Likes

Rex has some serious Trump Derangement Syndrome.

2 Likes

Tillerson had no business being Secretary of State, but it says a great deal about this administration that he was one of the more competent, scandal free figures we have had.

Anyone saying something critical of Donald clearly does.

Confirmation bias makes winners of them all.

it’s funny that one businessman/CEO takes a step back and basically says “Damn, that president dude was a nut job”.

1 Like

Love it. 5 points.

The thing is–whatever I think of Tillerson or his politics–he’s sort of the guy who Trump is supposed to be, but isn’t: cool, competent, efficient, practical, hard-headed, reality-based, and sharpened by the mythical “business world.” He joined Exxon as a production engineer and worked his way up. In contrast, Trump’s just sort of a douchey drama queen who inherited a family business.

12 Likes

Just another MSM lie from supposed anonymous sour…oh.

1 Like

Tillerson must now be dragged.

LOL.

Also: A former secretary of state comes out and says that the president he served constantly wanted to break the law.

Collective response: Shrug. Not even news at this point.

Trump doesn’t have to President the way you want him to.

one would think that the party of personal responsibility would elect, as their first businessman president in awhile, a person that was competent.

fact is, they elected a spoiled brat dummy.

that now makes it harder for an intelligent businessman to win for a few decades.

I agree. But there are minimum standards we should expect from our leaders. More than just showing up, and saying “This is what I believe.”