REVERSE COURSE: Top Democrat Says He ‘Misspoke,’ Backs Pelosi on Withholding Articles of Impeachment

Originally published at: REVERSE COURSE: Top Democrat Says He ‘Misspoke,’ Backs Pelosi on Withholding Articles of Impeachment | Sean Hannity

Democrat Congressman Adam Smith dialed back his comments regarding Nancy Pelosi’s decision to withhold Articles of Impeachment from the US Senate; saying he “misspoke” when urging her to finally transmit the documents.

“I misspoke this morning, I do believe we should do everything we can to force the Senate to have a fair trial. If the Speaker believes that holding on to the articles for a longer time will help force a fair trial in the Senate, then I wholeheartedly support that decision,” posted Smith on social media.

I am concerned that Senator McConnell won’t have a fair trial and I am with the Speaker that we should do everything we can to ensure he does. Ultimately, I do want the articles sent to the Senate for the very simple reason that I want the impeachment process to go forward.

— Rep. Adam Smith (@RepAdamSmith) January 9, 2020

“I am concerned that Senator McConnell won’t have a fair trial and I am with the Speaker that we should do everything we can to ensure he does. Ultimately, I do want the articles sent to the Senate for the very simple reason that I want the impeachment process to go forward,” he added.