Respiratory Syncytial Virus (RSV) is filling children's hospitals

Common sense says you actually learn about something before you mouth off about it.

So you stop falling into the trap of believing anything is possible because you don’t know how anything works and refuse to learn.

Come on provide the proof. Quit acting like you are the only person who knows stuff. By the way I have provided no opinion either way like you have. I just asked you to provide the proof and you get all pissy when we play your game.

Proof of what? If hospitals were just assuming kids have COVID, there would be a flood of ‘anomymous sources’ telling Fox News hospitals were doing just that…not to mention class action lawsuits alleging medical malpractice when the autopsies revealed the kids didn’t die of COVID.

Why don’t you prove hospitals aren’t testing kids for COVID, and just assuming they had COVID.

Why should I prove something I never said?

If you don’t know what the conversation was about between me and Jay Jay stay out if it.

The answer is simple really, We have spent 18 months now isolating our kids, social distancing, masking, and now RSV is making a comeback and it is hitting kids hard, because they have largely been protected from getting exposed to RSV. So sure, it’s like people who all of a sudden are having horrible allergies…Last summer we were largely wearing Masks…this summer we were not. MY allergies have been horrible…because I have not worn a mask since April.

We are exposing our selves to knew things again. RSV just happens to be one of them.

1 Like

Did you even think before you posted this?

The OP began this thread literally linking to a story about this issue from NBC. He later added several other links. Other posters have added links. Google ‘RSV outbreak’ right now, and tell me how many current news articles you get.

No one measures the severity of any medical-related outbreak to the number of articles out there that cover it. No one with any common sense anyways.

RSV is an annual virus that hits us every single damn year (if you ever paid attention in the past). The reason this particular outbreak is newsworthy is two-fold. First, it coincides with another respiratory virus that is circulating that is having devastating effects on our population, and the newest variant is far more aggressive towards the same people in the age groups that run higher risks from RSV. Secondly, this is not the normal time-frame we typically see RSV outbreaks. So yeah, those two factors make this more concerning than years past.

But go ahead… imply your damn conspiracies. It is so easy to take a few minutes, do some quick research, and then extract a multiple of possible, rational explanations. But for some, it’s much more easy to be intellectually lazy and imply this is just another nefarious thing in the works.

Did you ever think before you posted that rant you still don’t know what debate me and Jay Jay were having. You don’t even know my beliefs on it since I haven’t posted it genius.

Well yeah, I did actually. See, as I was reading the thread, I came upon your response to @JayJay up around #29. You asked then how many COVID articles did they have in the same time frame. You asked again in multiple posts to show the proof. Stupidly, I assumed this was the subject of the debate. Was I wrong?

You don’t need to state your beliefs. Your general position is abundantly clear based on that first post alone… we don’t necessarily need all the details.

Yes you are wrong and you have no clue what my general position is.

GWH said it best

So to be clear, in your discussion with @JayJay, you are NOT asking him to provide proof that there are equivalent news articles of the recent RSV outbreak as compared to COVID?

Also, thanks for editing to lazily lift that piece from @GWH at the end there. Since you’re so interested, explain to me why moonshine’s post was included in my back-and-forth with GWH when I never once interacted with moonshine? Furthermore, how does that mesh with the sequencing of posts, according to GWH?

FYI, anyone can see these posts for themselves and the order they were posted in. Just trying to help a fella out :rofl:

how completely classless

It appears from various articles, though, the increase in RSV numbers is largely in southeastern states.

The mask requirement, for most businesses at least, was dropped in Massachusetts. Kids generally weren’t avoiding each other when school was remote, hanging out together outdoors & in each others’ homes.

Yet we’re not seeing much of an increase in RSV numbers here, maybe a slight increase in testing, but that’s usually a problem sought in children under two years old with respiratory symptoms.

I wonder what’s driving the increase in southeastern states in particular.

At least I am not comparing covid to sniffles among the unvaxxed.

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/mississippi-gov-refuses-school-mask-210413894.html

Allan

for most, that’s exactly what it is. are you upset that so few children get seriously ill? seems like you are.

1 Like

Try telling that to the mother of the 13 year old that died.

Allan

you mean the one you so callously used to get a “gotcha”? yeah, tell it to her. and tell the thousands of mothers who’s children die of the flu every year that the flu is under control while you’re at it.

2 Likes

Biden said he’d cure everything on the debate stage!

1 Like

But your boy Biden said he’d cure all of this! Wait he lied?

If you have doctors that can’t conduct the appropriate test and tell the two apart they have no business being doctors. The test may be similar but it’s easy enough to conduct them and tell the two viri apart.

1 Like