Republicans Name Their Impeachment Witnesses

Republican participants in the Impeachment Inquiry have provided their list of witnesses whom they wish to call. It includes:

• · Hunter Biden
  • · “The Whistleblower”
  • · Devon Archer (Hunter Biden’s business partner)
  • · Alexandra Chalupa (allegedly met with Ukrainian officials to discuss dirt on Trump in 2016)
  • · Nellie Ohr (Fusion GPS researcher)
  • · Tim Morrison (return visit)
  • · Kurt Volker (return visit)
  • · David Hale (State Department)

Any Republican witness has to be approved by the Democratic majority (following rules Republicans put in place when they had the majority in 2015.

Personally, I hope the Democrats approve the entire list.

And then I hope every one of the witnesses refuses to appear.

Then there can be a negotiation: if Democratic called witnesses who are refusing to appear change their stance, the Republican called witnesses will all appear. But if witnesses for one side have the freedom to absent themselves, then that freedom should be extended to all.

1 Like

Who cares?

And no, not me.

Hunter Biden? That’s rich.

Me too. Even they think the impeachment hearings are a sham.

4 Likes

Was Hunter Biden part of the conspiracy to extort a public announcement of an investigation in return for military aid?

3 Likes

Gotta admire the chutzpah. They’re literally doing what Trump tried to get Ukraine to do.

1 Like

I would say…

No - Unless the GOP made a clear case that it wasn’t about confusing Trumps abuse of power with a “whataboutism” defense and questioning would be limited only to facts about the actions of the President or the execution of the Presidents policies and shadow diplomacy.

• · Hunter Biden
  • · Devon Archer (Hunter Biden’s business partner)
  • · Nellie Ohr (Fusion GPS researcher)
  • · Alexandra Chalupa (allegedly met with Ukrainian officials to discuss dirt on Trump in 2016)

Yes - Each of the below can provide direct testimony about actions taken as part of extorting a foreign government for the benefit of the Presidents reelection campaign by withholding hundreds of millions of dollars to try to stem a Russian invasion.

• · “The Whistleblower”
  • · Tim Morrison (return visit)
  • · Kurt Volker (return visit)
  • · David Hale (State Department)
    .WW, PHS
5 Likes

Needed doing. The “impeachment hearings” are nothing but an attempt to derail that investigation. Thanks for shining more light on the matter.

1 Like

.^

I also think it’s telling who is not on the list. You would think that the War Room would want to question Bolton and Mulaney (sp?) to clear the Presidents name.
.WW, PHS

2 Likes

It’s not a whataboutism, it’s the why there was an investigation necessary.

Further making this a kangaroo clown show by hamstringing the opposition.

2 Likes

Even better, Russ Vought, acting OMB director who can probably shed quite a bit of light on why the funds were not released…

Those on my no list have no impact on Trumps attempt to have a foreign country influence a future election which is why President Trump was trying to extort Ukraine.
.WW, PHS

1 Like

To me the interesting omission is President Trump. He is certainly the best qualified to provide the details of why this entire inquiry is a sham, as he claims.

1 Like

Wait. I was assured that Republicans would have no say in this “Soviet Style” process. Now you’re telling me that they’d be allowed to call witnesses and question them and build a defense? Something doesn’t add up here. So all that Trumpist whining and panty bunching was all show? Color me shocked.

You say extort, I say pressure them to do the right thing.

Which part. Where his dad got the prosecutor who wasn’t investigating fired because ending the not-investigation somehow accrued to Hunter’s benefit? Laughable logic, but that’s apparently what makes America great these days.

Or is it the completely debunked server in Ukraine conspiracy theory? Let’s have that conversation, I guess. How the President of the United States pressures the President of the country at the center of our pushback on Russian aggression in the region to do what? Pursue a conspiracy conspiracy theory simultaneously trashes our own intelligence agencies and absolves Putin of wrongdoing in the election that made Trump President.

3 Likes

Remember when Clinton was doing that during the starr investigation? Oh…

I’ll take C, find the truth.

Where’s Giuliani on that list?

Good to know. Most defenders of the President have shown little interest in the facts of the case, focusing instead all of their efforts on complaints about the process or trashing the witnesses.

6 Likes