Republican senator reveals she was raped while in the military

Can’t mix anywhere then, should we start making gender specific cities and seperating the entire nation since men are so rapey?

I spent four years as a petty officer in the USCG in the 70s, and I don’t have a good answer to your question. There is certainly a frat boy culture among young enlisted men, and I suspect it’s even worse among officers, given the arrogance that often accompanies a commission. The disciplinary system that provides for nonjudicial punishment or a court-martial for prohibited behavior should be more than adequate to eliminate sexual assault, but it isn’t aggressively employed for that purpose. I wondered then, and still do, if there exists an unspoken yet pervasive attitude within the command structure that believes that aggressive behavior in ALL its forms is a necessary part of warrior culture.

Thank you for the thought out response.

I never served, but it sounds like what you’re saying is that when it comes to rape the military mindset (institutional level) is simply an extention of society’s mindset as a whole.

The real shame is that the military should be, and has the organizational structure to be, BETTER than society. It is designed to be egalitarian and merit-based with regards to advancement. It codifies dignity and respect for the individual as a necessary part of teamwork. Yet it continues to allow this shame, and I can’t think of a more likely cause than willful tolerance of misogyny.

3 Likes

There’s a bit of a difference. Of course you probably didn’t know that.

lol - Of course, because yours and others old school ideas of what a man needs to be should never be changed.

The Horror! The Horror!

Yeah, military men are much more manly than your normal out in society men. Rapey and really manly just go hand in hand.

She became a fighter pilot and served her country. That kind of behavior makes the menfolk rapey, what with all the mixing.

It’s really a shame that people can’t seem to condemn rape in the military the same way they would if it were civilians. Instead we get “women shouldn’t be in the military”. And why? Because male soldiers can’t seem to keep their dicks in their pants. Might as well have added in “look what she was wearing”.

2 Likes

Oh really, what do you think justifies rape in the military?

regain
FIFY

Tail Hook showed that she was correct.

McConnell is looking to find her attacker to fill RBGs seat I hear.

How would you know?

Nothing. And where did I justify it?

Male rape is the bigger issue, why not address that?

And how is male rape the “bigger” issue?

Oh you need to do your research.

Sneaky is correct.

Please try and follow along, I said the above, which you responded:

There’s a bit of a difference. Of course you probably didn’t know that.

As some sort of justification for rape in the military. Now you are rambling about men (all rape needs to be addressed, obviously), focus please.

How is male rape the “bigger” issue?