Republican Poll Shows Abortion is Driving Voters Towards the Democrats

It’s Michelle Wolf. Who’s selling this to people as real? What network or website?

What can he do but embrace it?

I think the R’s are locked into their abortion position, and will try to make up the difference on other issues. Desantis specifically looks to be going full culture warrior.

Seems the cat hat ladies celebrate abortion.

2 Likes

And a poor strategy at that, I believe. Let’s see. All the candidates will shape-shift over the next year +. Except Bernie, if were to run. And all those R’s hammering Trump will rally around him if it looks expedient. Unsightly to watch on both sides.

Vagina hats.

I wish our candidates would leave it to the states.

1 Like

So Piper, would it be fair to say your advice to Republicans is to to push these half a dozen examples of people behaving badly and say to voters “Pro-choice people are extremists, vote Republican!”

Unlikely to work given that most of the people the Republicans need to convince are not extremists on abortion or any other issue.

Is that really the best you have got?

Ideally, realize it is a hill worth dying on, like slavery. Realistically, it will be tossed aside for the sake of electability.

1 Like

What a stupid post.

1 Like

Maybe we shouldn’t have outlawed slavery.

After all it wasn’t affecting those that were against it, and outlawing it was likely to turn some voters to the other party.

5 Likes

Pretty good thread premise.

How will that play out politically?

Will the abortion restrictions triggered by Dobbs be repealed?
Will the abortion restrictions put in place since Dobbs be repealed?
Will this suit to upend the FDA approval of Mifepristone be withdrawn?

Or is your plan to have all Republicans stop talking about abortion in the hope that it will then go away?

As long as people believe ending aboriton is morally equivalent to ending slavery how can that mater be tossed aside?

Good questions all.

It will play out by the Republican party tossing their stand on this aside.

2 Likes

Put words in my mouth and then ask if that’s all I’ve got? LOL

Abortion came about through activist judges by-passing WE THE PEOPLE - THE VOTERS and also by-passing OUR ELECTED CONGRESS.

The best we can do is to educate people and let each person decide and hope that they choose life when they vote.

I espouse the right to save life rather than the right to kill.

4 Likes

You did it again. He never said that. You fabricated a position for him. That’s a lie. A deliberate, abject lie.

And then you ended your lie with, “Is that really the best you have got?”

It’s what YOU have. A damned lie.

Why.
Must.
You.
Lie?

4 Likes

Favorite tactic of the manipulators is to imply…YOU STATED…then they put in the lie they want.

As if nobody can see what was done.

3 Likes

Might want to Google that 24 countries have made abortion illegal and they ain’t the holiday destination kinda places you’d want to visit, if you know what i mean.

1 Like

Calm down Guv. Reasonable people can interpret statements differently. That does not make any statement that disagrees with you a lie.

I asked how Republicans should address the abortion issue. Piper responded with a series of images and stories about (alleged) pro-choice extremists espousing stupid positions. I inferred from that that Piper was offering a political strategy – paint people who are pro-choice as stupid extremists.

That was an entirely reasonable inference from what Piper presented. Piper responded that the strategy should be to educate people on an anti-abortion perspective. That’s a clarification.

No one is lying. Just follow the logic in the back and forth.

Plus it was framed as a quesstion:

A yes or no would have sufficed. :crazy_face: