Republican Health Care Plan

What are your ideas? Or what’s the dem’s plan to replace Obama care?

And you think he’d show us so that we’d all say how wonderful it is and vote for republicans next election. He’s really missing a great opportunity.

Even better than that would be to get rid of insurance altogether. If you get sick and you can’t afford to pay for it then just suck it up buttercup.

2 Likes

Why would you jump to such a silly conclusion? and In Norway you always have to pay something for care.

And if we did get rid of insurance I’m sure the left would have a giant charity to pay for the needy…

Just like dental care is affordable and your dogs Vet…

You recall that yesterday President Trump talked about how people love employer provided plans. No way he’ll move to end that.

You can have a system where employers still pay for the insurance through vouchers. That way people make the choices but employers still pay.

How would that work?

I think the biggest issue is people who are neither wealthy enough to afford good coverage or so poor they have nothing to lose by not having health care are going to lose everything if they happen to be out of work and something expensive happens.

If we can just start by concentrating on that segment of the population, I think we can make real progress.

I propose a system that’s caps medical bills as percentage of income…say…10% for the sake of argument here. Above that, Medicare or some other supplement kicks in.

The 10% cap does keep the individual with skin in the game and will help keep some costs down.

Dental care… really… you have to be kidding. The most extensive procedures in dental care is root canals and implants, and minimal medication is even considered.

Have you ever seen the bills to treat cancer, or diseases that terminal, in a pet?

You give employees a voucher for the amount you’ve been paying for the employees health insurance. They go out and buy insurance. I’d add, if they can find cheaper insurance, they can keep the difference…

No, how much does it cost to treat cancer in a dog? And implants are more expensive, but still affordable…

Treatment of diseases and serious medical conditions in pets is not far off from people… if they choose to do so. Most do not.

So, you have no idea…

How does it work in practice? What does the insurance company do with the voucher? Send it back to the company for payment? Does the company have to issue a voucher every pay period? That could be 26 vouchers/employee/year. I don’t think you’ve thought this through.

Let me tell you. I had a cancerous tumor removed from my dogs liver, or at least as much as they could remove. Between ultrasounds, aspirations and the surgery it was well over $7000.00. I just had 2 crowns, without even root canals, a few other things done and it was $3000.00. This stuff is not affordable to the, what is it - over 40% - of people who can’t even afford a $400.00 emergency.

Really? I’m suppose to write the entire bill, and all the sub parts. It’s a basic outline, obviously.

And considering all the EO’s Obama wrote exempting and stalling parts of Obama care it’s not like that was thought out real well was it?

I’m sure I’ll be seeing your idea on the democrat health care thread real soon, right?

You’ve got nothing. Saying “issue vouchers” is not an outline.

You started a thread demanding that people discuss the democratic health care plan and you can’t even discuss a republican one.

1 Like

I told you what I would do as a republican. Sounds like you just have no ideas of your own and are projecting that on me…

Caught on tape - MAGAt congressional staffer rushing the Republican “healthcare” bill to the MAGAt train: