Republic, Washington

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.washingtontimes.com/news/2018/nov/16/republic-wash-considers-sanctuary-city-status-prot/

“I’ve taken 3 public oaths, one in the US Army and Two as a police officer. All of them included upholding and defending the Constitution of the United States of America,” Chief Culp wrote. “The second amendment says the right to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed. As long as I am Chief of Police, no Republic Police Officer will infringe on a citizens right to keep and Bear Arms, PERIOD!”

Well now. Seems like tyranny of the majority has found an enemy. 1,073 people and growing.

I like it. Name is fitting. I would love to see more of this kind of thing and with other onerous laws; marijuana for example.

Let’s break state laws. Advocating crime.

Good one sneak.

Allan

Sanctuary City, Allan. You know what that is.

This should be fun.

I want some jury nullifications. I like jury nullifications.

Gun owners need to start confronting these anti-gun politicians in public, let them know they’re not welcome here.

1 Like

Indeed. We can’t have civility until everyone is carrying.

1 Like

That’s right…when they go anti-gun, we kick’em.

1 Like

The city needs to implement prosecutorial discretion, just like Obama did with DACA. If you don’t have the resources to enforce all laws, concentrate on enforcing the laws you want to enforce, right?

1 Like

I’m not sure what the town will do.

This all seems to be state level action. I don’t see any thing that the town can do (or refuse to do) to effect gun sales. If the state (or fed) paperwork isn’t completed as required, the state (or fed.) will take away the store’s permit. No action by the city is part of the enforcement process.

I also note that the NRA has already filed suit against WA about this new law.

I live in WA and voted against I-1639 mostly notably because of defining any semi-auto rifle as an “assault weapon” which requires (among other things) a current record (5 years or earlier) of a firearms safety course no matter who you are (long-time gun owner, former or current military, former or current LE).

I couldn’t open the link as it doesn’t like my Ad Blocker.
What specifically did the Sheriff state he wouldn’t enforce with the newly adopted initiative?

i dont understand

Screw the southern wall. We need coastal walls. Built inland about 70 miles.

I do. One actually helps human beings.

We will have to disagree on which one.

Allan

Pretty civil here in Dover.

Allan

Knowing that a city’s job is NOT to enforce FEDERAL LAWS.

Let me look into my crystal ball…and what do I see that lies ahead now that a new anti-gun lib law is enacted?

:sob:

Exactly. Good point.

1 Like

How many state laws do you think the city enforces? The county DA would be the one exercising the discretion…

This is classic frothing at the mouth… The city of Republic, Washington has a population of about 1,000… I can’t find ONE store in the very small downtown that would even sell firearms… Still checking on the NAPA store… LOL

Hold on, I overlooked Leslie’s Tanning and Nail Salon… gotta check there too…