REPORT: White House May Propose $850 BILLION Stimulus Package to Combat Coronavirus Fallout

Originally published at: REPORT: White House May Propose $850 BILLION Stimulus Package to Combat Coronavirus Fallout | Sean Hannity

The Trump administration and Congressional leaders are considering an $850 billion stimulus package in the coming days to offset the economic fallout associated with the global Coronavirus outbreak.

“White House officials and congressional lawmakers are signaling they will attempt to push through a third coronavirus spending package worth hundreds of billions of dollars even as the Senate works to move along the more modest second relief bill that focuses on leave for workers and expedited testing for the disease officially known as COVID-19,” reports Fox News.

“Roughly $500 billion of this would be tied to a payroll tax cut, while $250 billion would come in the form of Small Business Administration loans and another $58 billion would be directed to the airline industry, among other measures,” adds Fox.

“I’m not going to comment on the numbers now. But it’s a big number,” Treasury Secretary Steve Mnuchin told reporters Monday night.

Here’s what my proposal to fight coronavirus would mean for you: pic.twitter.com/LTzPC3qrHU

— Chuck Schumer (@SenSchumer) March 17, 2020

“As early as tomorrow, I will present a series of proposals to Congressional appropriators that Senate Democrats believe should be part of the next bill to address the coronavirus,” Schumer said in floor remarks Monday. “In consultation with the ranking members of the committees of jurisdiction, we are proposing an immediate and initial infusion of at least $750 billion to wage war against COVID-19 and the economic crisis it is now causing.”

Read the full report at Fox News.