REPORT: Sen. Feinstein Demands ‘Word-For-Word Transcript’ of Private Trump-Ukraine Call

Originally published at: REPORT: Sen. Feinstein Demands ‘Word-For-Word Transcript’ of Private Trump-Ukraine Call | Sean Hannity

Sen. Dianne Feinstein demanded the entire, “word-for-word” transcript of President Trump’s private phone conversation with the leader of Ukraine Friday; saying it must be provided to Congress to allow “constitutional oversight.”

“Feinstein, a member of the Senate Intelligence Committee and the top Democrat on the Judiciary Committee, said the whistleblower complaint tied to Trump suggests that an ‘official word-for-word transcript of the call’ was produced,” reports The Hill.

Feinstein demands "word-for-word" transcript of Trump call at heart of impeachment inquiry https://t.co/15nNboI9Jb pic.twitter.com/0hpkG64S58

— The Hill (@thehill) September 27, 2019

“If so, it should be provided to Congress for review. Congress has a constitutional oversight duty. It’s important that we understand who took actions to hide details of the call with Zelensky and how high those actions reached,” Feinstein said.

“I find the whistleblower complaint to be highly credible. It suggests that the president used his office to demand political favors from a foreign country and that White House personnel knew this was wrong and tried to cover it up by burying details of the call with Ukrainian President Zelensky,” Feinstein added in her statement.

The White House released details of the conversation Wednesday.

Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky spoke with reporters at the United Nations General Assembly later that day; saying he had a “great phone call” with President Trump and “there was no pressure.”

“Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky, during a meeting in New York with President Trump, told reporters Wednesday that he was not pressured to investigate the Biden family during their now-controversial phone call over the summer,” reports Fox News.

“Nobody pushed me,” Zelensky said.

“We had a great phone call,” Zelensky added. “It was normal.”

“In other words, there was no pressure and you know there was no pressure,” added President Trump.

Reporter: “Have you felt any pressure from President Trump to investigate Joe Biden and Hunter Biden?”

Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky: “I think, and you read it, that nobody pushed me” pic.twitter.com/JP1GNT408y

— Ryan Saavedra (@RealSaavedra) September 25, 2019

Read the full report at The Hill.