Report: Mississippi lawmaker punched wife in face over sex | WTOP

https://wtop.com/national/2019/05/report-mississippi-lawmaker-punched-wife-in-face-over-sex/?fbclid=IwAR30CNDn5iaS-l10LGs-xwERTYCmfHNtPntjTU1SE563rANhbswBoUv_WB4

This lawmaker clocks his wife when she doesn’t take her clothes off fast enough. What the heck is going on down there? Must be something in the water. How did he get off with a misdemeanor domestic violence charge instead of a felony?

i just looked it up and he’s a Presbyterian who got 76.8% of the vote in his last election and has served for 8 years already.

i’d say he’s safe. not sure about his wife.

Lock him up if he’s guilty. Jerks who hit women deserve jail.

Edit wow that wasn’t a blocked word.

2 Likes

This is weird…

"Another woman present said McLeod’s wife came running up to her room, her face bloodied. The woman shut the door and locked it with McLeod’s wife inside.

The other woman said McLeod started banging on the door and telling the women to open it. He told the other woman if she didn’t open the door, he’d “kill her (expletive) dog.”

That guy, don’t care whatever his politics, her face bloodied, needs to resign, get out of there, and get charged.

Just more evidence of the gileading of the United States of America.

Next thing he will be crying in public begging forgiveness, you know the usual ■■■■■■■■ they pull.

1 Like

Republican House Speaker Philip Gunn of Clinton said McLeod should step down if he did punch his wife.

“I have attempted to contact Rep. McLeod to request his resignation, if in fact, these allegations are true,” Gunn said in a statement Tuesday. “These actions are unacceptable for anyone.”

Even if this ass resigns, she’s still stuck with him…and that’s the real shame.

1 Like

“How did he get off with a misdemeanor domestic violence charge instead of a felony?”

Here are domestic violence laws in Mississippi:

Saw this regularly when I worked for a counseling center that was affiliated with a battered women’s shelter in Florida. These guys saw the inside of a jail for a few hours before they made bail. Usually, they were sentenced to intervention, which really is a joke. They stop hitting the woman, as it gets them arrested, but continue to abuse in other ways that don’t involve a legal penalty.

What does his religion have to do with anything? He’s a drunk ■■■■■■■ wife beater who needs to be in jail.

What a stupid post.

4 Likes

She should buy a gun.

2 Likes

He should have just body spammed her like that Montana guy did. Then he would have gotten Republicans defending him

2 Likes

…a big one. :sunglasses:

I don’t think it was a woman reporter in that case.

Yes it wasnt, I remember you defending it. I guess violence against men is ok

1 Like

Sure it is.

So kewwwl

This guy needs to seek the counsel of his pastor.

If true there would certainly be physical evidence. With this evidence he needs to be charged and dismissed from the legislature.

Now if the wife called police…said she was punched in the face and responding officers could find no marks on her, then we have a mess.

:speak_no_evil:

1 Like

Even if it’s true, this Republican was still a better choice than the Democrat he ran against. Not everyone is perfect. The Christian bible says we should forgive this sinner, for all of us have sinned.

1 Like

Or just leave him… but why be logical about it…