REPORT: Michael Avenatti Arrested by IRS Agents in the Middle of California Bar Association Hearing

Originally published at: REPORT: Michael Avenatti Arrested by IRS Agents in the Middle of California Bar Association Hearing | Sean Hannity

Celebrity attorney Michael Avenatti was reportedly arrested by IRS agents in the middle of a hearing before the California Bar Association; stemming from a legal complaint the lawyer swindled a client out of $840,000.

“Attorney Michael Avenatti was arrested by Internal Revenue Service (IRS) agents Tuesday evening during a break in a disciplinary hearing in Los Angeles over allegations that the high-profile lawyer scammed a client out of $840,000,” reports Fox News. “The arrest occurred around 6 p.m. outside the State Bar Court, where the State Bar of California has initiated proceedings against him.”

“I can confirm that he was arrested by federal agents,” Avenatti’s lawyer Dean Steward said. “I anticipate a bail hearing at 2 p.m. tomorrow in Magistrate’s Court in Santa Ana. I haven’t seen the details of the warrant, but should have it later this evening.“

“Avenatti did not return to the court when the hearing resumed. His attorneys called for a sidebar with the judge and said he would not be able to return due to circumstances related to a criminal matter in Orange County,” adds Fox.

Read the full report here.

Source: Fox News