REPORT: Man and Wife ‘Assaulted Outside Portland Bar' for Wearing ‘MAGA’ Hat, 2 Suspects Arrested

Originally published at: REPORT: Man and Wife ‘Assaulted Outside Portland Bar’ for Wearing ‘MAGA’ Hat, 2 Suspects Arrested | Sean Hannity

A man and his wife were allegedly assaulted outside a bar in Portland, Oregon over the weekend; telling a local news channel they were “surrounded” and “punched” because of his ‘Make America Great Again’ hat.

“Portland police say a man and woman were arrested early Saturday morning for assault, and the man who was attack says it’s all because of his ‘Make America Great Again’ hat,” reports Fox Oregon. “At around 12:50 a.m., officers responded to the report of a disturbance at the Growler’s Taproom, located in the 3300 block of Southeast Hawthorne Boulevard.”

Man says he was assaulted outside Portland bar for wearing 'MAGA' hat; two people arrested https://t.co/5OLXcobHvb pic.twitter.com/E9IfR56zy7

— FOX 12 Oregon KPTV (@fox12oregon) August 26, 2019

“I got mobbed by everybody that was in that bar outside. People came from the inside out – just circled me and my wife,” said Luke Lenzner.

“Surrounding me, like literally surrounding me, pushing me. I’m just trying to get through, trying to stop the person from hitting me, from taking my hat, and then I get sucker punched,” Lenzner told FOX 12.

A similar incident occurred weeks ago in New York City.

“A New York City art gallery owner says he was viciously beaten in Manhattan by a pack of teens for wearing a ‘Make America Great Again’ hat,” reports Fox New York. “Jahangir ‘John’ Turan, 42, says it happened Tuesday evening on Canal Street. He was wearing the MAGA hat that he had purchased earlier in the day at Trump Tower.”

“He says the group of about 15 ‘kids’ yelled ‘F*** Trump’ and stomped on him. One of them smashed his head into a scaffold. Turan says he suffered a fracture in his cheek and a badly swollen eye,” adds Fox.

“I love President Trump. I think he’s doing a great job,” Turan said. “It’s sad to get beat up for wearing this hat. This is America.”

Caricature images of “average Trump supporters” appeared on garbage cans in the Big Apple last year; with the hateful artwork referring to GOP voters as “trash” in the nations’ largest city.

Read the full report here.