REPORT: Flynn Claims McCabe ‘PUSHED HIM’ Not to Have Lawyer Present During FBI Interview

Originally published at: https://www.hannity.com/media-room/report-flynn-claims-mccabe-pushed-him-not-to-have-lawyer-present-during-fbi-interview/

Recently released court filings reveal former National Security Advisor Michael Flynn stated that former FBI Deputy Director Andrew McCabe “pushed” him not to have his lawyer present during the questioning that “led to his guilty plea.”

According to Fox News, the documents reveal the “rapid sequence of events” that surrounded the FBI’s questioning of Flynn regarding his role in possible collusion with Russian authorities during the 2016 presidential election.

“The document outlines, with striking new details, the rapid sequence of events that led to Flynn’s sudden fall from the Trump administration. The filing also seemingly demonstrates that the FBI took a significantly more aggressive tack in handling the Flynn interview than it did during other similar matters, including the agency’s sit-downs with Hillary Clinton and ex-Trump adviser George Papadopoulos,” writes Fox News.

“I explained that I thought the quickest way to get this done was to have a conversation between [Flynn] and the agents only,” McCabe deflected. “I further stated that if LTG Flynn wished to include anyone else in the meeting, like the White House Counsel for instance, that I would need to involve the Department of Justice. [General Flynn] stated that this would not be necessary and agreed to meet with the agents without any additional participants.”

Read the full report at Fox News.