REPORT: Colorado Christian Baker Sued a Third Time for Discrimination Over ‘Gender Transition Cake’

Originally published at: https://hannity.com/media-room/report-colorado-christian-baker-sued-a-third-time-for-discrimination-over-gender-transition-cake/

The owner of Masterpiece Cakeshop in Colorado is being sued a third for “discrimination” after refusing to bake a “gender transition cake.”

“Jack Phillips, the Lakewood, Colo. bakery owner who has refused to bake cakes that violate his Christian faith, is being sued again by Autumn Scardina, a transgender woman, for refusing to bake a gender transition cake,” reports Fox News.

“Phillips describes himself as an artist who uses cakes as ‘canvas’ to express ideas and celebrate events. He has insisted he doesn’t want to do something that goes against his faith. He said the cases against him have directly affected his family and business and he’s faced death threats and harassment,” adds the author.

The Supreme Court ruled in Phillips favor last year after he refused to bake a cake for a same-sex wedding. The judges decided Colorado displayed “anti-religious bias” when they filed a “discrimination” case against the baker.

Jack Phillips, owner of Masterpiece Cakeshop in Colorado, is being sued again.

Phillips refuses to bake a cake for a same-sex couple on the basis of his religion.https://t.co/iDBy1habnu

— Washington Examiner (@dcexaminer) June 11, 2019

“The dignity of all citizens in our state needs to be honored. Masterpiece Cakeshop said before the Supreme Court they would serve any baked good to members of the LGBTQ community. It was just the religious significance of it being a wedding cake,” said an attorney representing Scardina. “We don’t believe they’ve been honest with the public.”

Read the full report at Fox News.

Original Story: August 16, 2018

The Colorado baker who is suing the state for “defying” a Supreme Court ruling earlier this year slammed the Colorado Civil Rights Commission Thursday, saying the organization was again targeting his business over a “transgender transition” celebration.

Baker Jack Phillips -who won a Supreme Court decision that upheld his religious freedom in denying certain customers service- claims the state’s Commission is harassing his business after he refused to bake a cake that he believes violates his faith.

In an op-ed piece published in USA Today, Phillips states “the state is contradicting what it told the Supreme Court in my prior case. The government said that I can decline to create custom cakes with pro-LGBT designs or themes, announcing in no uncertain terms that I am free ‘to decline to sell cakes with ‘pro-gay’ designs or inscriptions.’”

“Yet the cake requested in the new case obviously had a pro-LGBT design. The person who requested it even recognized that the design was intended to represent and celebrate a gender transition. The inconsistency between what the state told the Supreme Court and what it is doing to me now shows the government’s real policy: No matter the circumstances, I must be punished,” he adds.

Read his full response here.