Reperations questions

Joke is on you… I am not white. This is how I know you haven’t read the thread.

Still begging for money, I see.

Let me know if it works.

I maybe 1-1,024th black. How much do I get? lmao. :rofl:

Are you Racist against Whites? I think that Al Sharpton is personally.
He sure acts like it at times, calling us crackers and stuff. lol.
Then again, Democrats think that only Whites can be Racist for some odd
reason.

They must be using the Liberal Logic Dictionary again. lol.

No, not sure what indications you got that I am. Is reparations racist?

He’s married to a white lady.

He’s not a racist. I may disagree with him on this but there is nothing he has said in this thread that is racist against white people.

West African slave trade was started by Islamic traders. Yet, the article makes no mention of them.

Are all black people in the US descendants of slaves? Who is going to do the geneology to figure out which blacks were slaves, which were freed, which were freed and then owned slaves themselves (that guy from Amistad).

If blacks were sold into slavery by their own people in Africa, does that absolve the US of having to pay the reparations of those descendants? Shouldn’t only those blacks kidnapped into slavery by whites get reparations?

It’s going to happen, unfortunately. Just a matter of time.

Kate Smith’s statue was removed from in front of the Flyer’s stadium today, cuz way back in the 1930s she sang some songs with lyrics that were racist. Of course the time that she was singing these songs was not considered.

Then there’s Syvia Hatchell, North Carolina women basket coach for 30 years. Fired because she wasn’t ‘sensitive’ to her team, using the phrase, “They’ll hang us out to dry.” She should have known never use the word “hang” in front of a black person, no matter how innocent the context. That way lies career destruction.

All this stuff is just mounting up to where the next logical thing is, oh yeah, welfare for 30 years wasn’t enough. Their ancestors suffered (not saying they didnt’) so they deserve free money.

It wasn’t reparations for holocaust survivors.

It was extra welfare for them.

Aren’t we really past all this reparations stuff. There’s no reasonable logistics. Blame is not simple. Time to give it a rest.

Yes, I would. But I’m not talking about “free cash”, quite the opposite.

If communities that have significant population of people that are the descendants of slaves were provided with excellent educational opportunities, beginning with preschool and running through college, it would help to level the playing field.

It would benefit those that are willing to take advantage of the chance to educate themselves and would benefit the entire nation in the long run. It would be a lasting repayment for slavery.

A cash payment has no guarantee of benefiting anyone beyond the generation that receives it.

I used to be absolutely opposed to the idea of reparations. No one in my blood line has ever owned slaves and I have ancestors that have suffered at the hands of other people/powers in Europe but there is a legacy of bias and discrimination in the country that continues to this day and it needs to be addressed.

Why is this relevant? You clearly haven’t read my stance

Who cares? It will get done… otherwise no money for you.

If someone sold you a Russian teenager… and you put her captivity, would you be to blame for their captivity?

I agree. Never going to happen.

Yet the argument has been posed: “you owe because you are an American”.
Which negates the logic of the argument that you are “owed” because

> you too

are an American.

I inherited nothing from my ancestors but the teachings of morals, values and a strong work ethic. I built my own life.

It is what every American has the same opportunity to do. Outcomes are not guaranteed for anyone.

IMO, anyone who harbors resentment, feels they are owed and carries that throughout their life, no matter their color, will never experience freedom.

Only 80? Well then, forget it.

Forget it? Just because you found out that many countries share the sin of slavery? Rather than hold everybody accountable, just forget it?