Reperations questions

You are even more confused than I thought. Did you know that the entire argument only involves the USA? Have you seen anybody claim that the USA is innocent of slavery? No, you have not. Have you seen anybody claim that there are other countries who are responsible as well? No you have not.

You have yet to offer any explanation as to why the European powers, you know the ones who went to Africa and hunted slaves, should be allowed to act as if they played no part. Why do yo defend them?

You seemed to be confused between a voluntary transfer of wealth between family members and taking money by force from strangers.

Seems you are having troubleā€¦

The Europeans who went to west Africa to round up Africansā€¦ brought them to America and they (the Europeans) became Americans.

Europeans who brought slaves back to Europe need to be dealt with by the leadership there. They can have their own reparations discussion.

I am only concerned about what happened on US soil as it pertains to reparations.

1 Like

Did slaves have the choice of voluntary wealth transfer?

Psst, all the slaves are dead.

No way?!

Are all of their decedents dead? You know, the ones that would have benefited GREATLY by having the chance to inherent wealth.

You think the North owes reparations when they fought and died to give slaves their freedom? Wow! Talk about an entitlement generation! What about their wives and children who were then brought up without fathers? Are they owed something from the slaves that were freed? They didnt sign up for that even if their fathers did.

I am all for reparations if they are handed out to the descendants of slaves in the US only, to be paid by any inherited wealth from former slave holders only.

Great Britain set up plantations on the U.S. mainland. Nearly all of them.

The rest set up plantations in the Caribbean, south and central America and sold slaves to Great Britain and the U.S. Which according to you is okay. No problem with capturing African slaves and selling them to the U.S. Those are some really crazy assed values. But. I know where you stand. Any slave who was owned or operated by Great Britain, on U.S. soil does not count.

When Great Britain leftā€¦ did they take their plantations with them?

We are not in arrears to former slaves. Even if we were their Standing for legal claims to back wages died with them.

But more to the point, contrary to Left Wing ideology you do not inherit suffering. Every manā€™s suffering is only their own and that too died with them. As for their descendants being affected is not being afflicted.

Everyone is affected by things good and bad. What they get to choose is their attitudes about what they are affected by. If someone wallows in an ideology that makes them a victim or an oppressor just because of some crude fact about them, like race, then they will receive the reward for it in various shades of miseries, unhappinesses, hatreds and even self righteousness (for having the politically correct attitudes). But the things they suffer are then entirely of their own choosing.

Being Woke is a piss poor way to spend a life.

The US owes the slaves. I donā€™t care which half.

By the way the Soldiers in the North were paid to fight or did it voluntarily.

If they were forced to fight, without pay, Iā€™d be right here fighting for their right to reparations. Funnily enough they probably would have received them because they were mostly white men.

Also my proposal for reparations involves descendants keep more of their own money by have federal tax waived.

They did not. When Great Britain left, did they suddenly become innocent of working and supplying nearly every slave on the U.S. mainland?

And you are fine with that?

Even if that suffering was force? Since they were property and allā€¦

But forgot about the suffering for a moment. They provide free labor. I am suggesting they get paid for that labor, regardless of how much physical abuse they absorbed.

Where have I said I personally was a victim?

Did Great Britain leave? Or did the Great Britain citizens become US citizens?

This whole ā€œbootstrapsā€ mentality is a lie. The systemic oppression of blacks in America happened. Up until very recently.

Do you think we can pass legislation in Congress that would apply to these other powers?

Fascinating.

Many slaves died on plantations before the U.S. was founded. The U.S held slaves for a relatively short time.They are buried in places like Georgia named for King George, Virginia, named for Queen Elizabeth The King was their master. The Carolinaā€™s were named for Charles the IX of France. I donā€™t understand why you believe that slave hunters and slave owners who were not U.S. citizens are innocent. Itā€™s a weird belief. But you are entitled to it.

Where did I say that Great Britain was innocent?

My only concern for REPARATIONS is what the US did.

If you want to talk purely about the western slave trade, start a thread on it. The OP was very clear about reparations.

1 Like

Rightā€¦While the Descendants of Chinese family that immigrated to this country in say 1875, to work the railroads, should have to pay more taxes so you get a break.

Talk about an entitlement generation. It is really on display in this thread. Now tell me why you should be given higher grades over the students that study because you are oppressed, and dont forget you should be admitted over students with higher SATs and ACTs because again, you are oppressed.