Reperations questions

No.

10 chars.

Does that represent all of the black experience in America?

“Reparations” is a cute little retro phrase for motivating people to vote democrat.

It’s not like any of this is ever going to happen.

I wouldn’t bet on it, give them the Presidency and a super-majority in congress and it just might.

I sure as hell would. This is a fearmongering fantasy and it’s never gonna happen.

You would put this past democrats? You have a higher opinion of them than I do.

I think my posting history defies that. lol

This is nothing more than another fluff piece meant to incite angry discourse between citizens.

I don’t understand why people would be angry about reparations to descendants of slaves?

The angry people would be the 30-40% that support Trump. But outside of that… I don’t see it.

To be angry, you have to believe that slaves were owned NOTHING for their free labor. They were owned nothing for being treated like cattle.

Since NONE of them are alive to paid them directly, the next best thing is to pay their families still alive today.

He won’t answer that…

It’s the classic look at Lebron, look at Oprah, look at Obama! Racism is over! Stop complaining.

Never say never when it comes to these goofy ideas. If you see them start to do it in San Francisco, start to get nervous.
But yes, it is just another way to say vote for us and get free money.

No, why would they? The northern and southern soldiers were either paid for their service or volunteered.

Slaves didn’t not get paid and did not get to choose to be slaves or not. Slaves even fought for the confederacy, for free, because they were considered property like the guns used in the battlefield.

No, that is not the next best thing. It is just a way of saying gimme money.

The draft existed in the civil war. They did not choose any such thing, most of them.

Sure it is… unless you believe that slave labor was just. Otherwise how else do you justify not paying the families? It’s their money.

No. Their former owners arguably owed them for the work. They are several generations dead and most likely lost their ability to pay after the Civil War anyway.
“He earned the money so lets be fair and someone who didn’t have anything to do with it should give me money instead:”.
No thank you.

1 Like

Isn’t that how inheritance works? Are you against that? You know “trust fund babies”

Yet you believe that the founders of the slave trade,

Spain
Portugal
The Netherlands
France
Great Britain

Who engaged in slavery for 200 hundred years owe nothing. The huge majority of slaves brought from Africa to the American mainland were brought and worked under the British flag. Yet we let them wash their hands of it and walk away unscathed.

Such an incredibly confusing stance.

If we are going by inheritance laws, the statutes of limitations passed about a century and a half ago.

Money and land being passed down generation to generation. There are no laws that prevent from happening.

You misspelled USA

Why do you think I care what those countries did or didn’t do? I am not a citizen of ANY of those countries.

How many of those countries setup US plantations? Bred slaves on US soil? Forced them into free labor in the US?