Reperations questions

Beautiful rebuttal

That’s not what he said…but you knew that.

If you were a slave, that might be worked out as a compromise.

They are not afraid of cops. Who told you they were? You have two choices here.

1. Cops are racist goons terrifying minorities. And the Black police captains, black police chiefs and black mayors are covering for them.

OR

1. Some of the neighborhoods they go into are combat zones. Loaded with illegally armed criminals who kill thousands every year. When entering these neighborhoods the cops are on edge. Knowing that large numbers of people want to kill them. The people who are afraid of cops are the same ones who resist and scuffle with police. Comply and things will be fine.

None of the minorities in my upper middle class neighborhood fear our cops. Neither do my co-workers in big pharma. They have no reason to.

Notice how I was able to destroy you point without a personal insult?

That’s totally Racist and uncalled for!

They’re not illegal armed criminals who kill. They’re entitled men and women,
who happened to stumble upon weapons, who are falsely accused of killing thousands
each year because of the Racist white devil cops! lmao

Sorry, I couldn’t say that without laughing, but I wanted to pretend to be a Democrat for a second. lol

This is what makes no sense. Because the ancestors who were slaves are dead, then if reparations are necessary, the money is not the ancestors’ but their descendants’.

The tax cut doesn’t let people “keep more of their money”, as if the tax money is really the money of the people from whom it is being collected. The tax cut decreased the ratio of the share of the income that belongs to whatever purposes the tax money would otherwise go to.

In 1865 my fraternal ancestors were still farming and fishing in Italy. My maternal ancestors were either farming or mining coal in South Western Pennsylvania. None of my ancestors owned or utilized slave labor. In fact, some of the Irish and Scottish members of our generation pool came to America as “indentured servants”. Not slaves but owned and or traded by the person who paid their way to America.
Why should I be financially responsible in any way for reparation compensation?

You live in America. Why do people who home school their kids, still have to pay school taxes?

We collectively pay for things that we may be directly responsible for or utilize. Welcome to America.

I agree. I dont get the whole descendant thing getting reimbursed.

Reparations I believe is the correct spelling.

I support reparations in a very limited circumstances.

If the government took somebody’s land or property and didn’t repay them back, then the government DOES need to institute reparations for the surviving family members. But if it’s about giving black people money for simply being black, then I would say no.

And quite frankly, our government has apologized for slavery multiple times and we have paid back families of African/Native/Japanese Americans for the government’s discrimination policies. Anymore is simply wrong.

1 Like

No, you just don’t believe that slave labor should have been paid labor.

No one has suggested that. They would need to be verified descendants of slaves.

Don’t agree. The point was to give money to people BECAUSE their forefathers were slaves, not because the government stole money/land from them.

Nowhere did i say that. I said descendants shouldnt be paid for work they never did.

But why? That slave labor should have been paid for and wasn’t. Those slaves never had the opportunity to hand down wealth to their children because they had everything taken from them.

Why do you think it isn’t ok to pay the ancestors? Did Donald Trump need to put in the work his father did in order to get a million dollar trust?

How many people in this country still retain wealth that was handed down from ancestors who were alive in 1900? It happens of course…for a few people.

Maybe they should be the ones to pay these reparations. If you’re a millionaire who inherited wealth from the time of slavery and your ancestors owned slaves, you pay for it. I didn’t get a dime from any ancestor.

The ability to retain wealth and pass on wealth is more important than keeping that wealth.

2 Likes

When reparations are paid, will the people paid owe the northern states families money for the war dead in freeing them?

Yet we are all Americans and responsible for American debt no matter when we arrived in America.