Reparations, From ...?

That would be up to the democrats to create a plan. So far, they have shown no interest. They are lying.

1 Like

They fought to preserve the Union. The North was the aggressor. Not the south. 75 percent of confederate soldiers were not slave holders. They asked a southern P.O.W. why he was fighting if he did not own slaves. His reply: “Because y’all are down here.” Your history is shakey.

A much higher percentage of blacks collect welfare but again, no whites were slaves?

:rofl: So you get it both ways. Convenient.

1 Like

Your beef is with your party. They have offered you nothing but words. Where is the plan? You are being played.

Do we get to deduct the costs of the civil war from the reparations checks?

What should the death benefit be that’s paid to the descendants of those that died freeing the slaves?

2 Likes

No, white people were not slaves. Indentured servants but not slaves.

That’s exactly what happened.

No it doesn’t.

Not true.

Yes it does.

Yes true.

No it doesn’t. And even if it did, black people still benefit from it.

Not over white people.

Why does it need to be over white women?

I remember watching Stephen A. Smith of ESPN say the same thing, for those that don’t know he is, he is a sports radio host for ESPN a very good one at that who happens to be an African American and he said pretty much the same thing, when he said every black person should vote republican at least once to get the democrats attention, because in his words the democrats take their vote for granted. And while the white progressives at WaPo put out on article making fun of him for saying it, almost going as far as calling him and uncle tom for even speaking the idea.

As of right now the democrats receive on each election 90 plus percent of the black vote without lifting a finger or delivering anything for them. If their heart was true on the issue they could have easily made it a platform that democrats donate part of the salaries over the past years to African Americans for reparations instead they will wait till there is absolutely no way it could pass with a split congress knowing it would not pass, then turn around and say “We tried we are your friends”. All they have to do is keep delivering empty platitudes and at best they will turn their back while some statues are torn down and renaming the John Wayne Airport. Coca Cola and other bigger corporations will try to cash in on the fun, but in the end nothing gets done. And if by some miracle it did and all the Suns and moons aligned it would be shot down by the Supreme Court.

If they really wanted to get something done the black leaders should try to broker a deal with republicans to achieve something, in the very worse scenerio it would have the democrats trying to earn the black vote back instead of taking it for granted. If I was a politician and knew I was going to get 90% of a particular groups vote without even trying, I might just utter some nonsense, but then go and try to get the vote from people who are not going to vote 90% for me.

I think it was Paul Krugman but I could be wrong or another prominent lefty economist who tried to get the DNC to get regular democrats to give part of their salary to African Americans each year as a form of reparations, it never went anywhere. They could have been paying for reparations for years now, but why do that when they know it will never pass if they send it up for a vote it is political suicide among independents and ranks towards the bottom of unpopular issues according to Nate Silver of 538.

At best they will get some statues removed and an airport removed, and maybe a Coca Can featuring and African American, Aunt Jemima removed, or a cool Google scribble as I am seeing this month honoring black LGBTQ groups, although Googles workforce is only made up of 2% African American they get the cool cartoon.

According to the national Office of Family Assistance, the racial breakdown of welfare recipients is:

Of those on welfare, 33.3% are black, 31.2% are white, and 28.8% are Hispanic.

12% of The population, one third of welfare recipients.

SocioBiological Musings: Statistics on race and welfare for the USA.

I’d raise that to no federal taxes for anyone during active duty periods as well.

How many of your ancestors were slave? When did the last of them die?

As long as it’s taxpayer dollars you’re damned right it’s our business.

Hell no.

It takes one generation to work up from the bottom if you make the right choices in life.

You’ve already had welfare, affirmative action, all sorts of scholarship, apprenticeship opportunities for 55 years, and an opportunity to earn both a decent living and fantastic benefits through the GI bill for serving in the military not to mention preferences for gov’t jobs since the first AA regulations and laws went into effect.