Reparations, From ...?

Hell, we’re already doing that. If they’re poor because they haven’t inherited anything, they pay no taxes.

Take out SS taxes which are “retirement” (I think it’s a way to prevent generational wealth accumulation but that’s just me…) and what do you see below?

Let’s see, individual income taxes (federal)
Bottom 20%: -10.9% (This reduces the payroll taxes paid in dramatically)
Second 20%: -1.2%
Third 20%: 3.1%
Fourth 20%: 6.7%
Highest 20%: 16.0%

Not only are the bottom 40% of income earners exempt from federal taxes, they’re actually getting credits that take them to a NEGATIVE tax rate. How much less tax do you want than -10.9%?

If you add in the rest of the taxes, the bottom 20% pay in 1.7%.

#NeverReparations
#GetBent

1 Like

Slaves should have received something.

Distant descendants deserve nothing.

But Slaves received nothing. So everyone today is ok with that? If not, how do we remedy that?

There’s no way to remedy it. Too late.

BS. It is just that no one wants to.

I like my idea of tax exemption status for verified descendants of slaves.

Or setting up a business loan program for descendants or home loan program.

Nope. Distant descendants were never slaves. As such they do not deserve reparations.

“Deserve”

Does Ivanka Trump “Deserve” an inheritance from Daddy? Who are you to judge what descendants get as a matter of inheritance.

Because that is what their ancestors were denied. They were denied the ability to build wealth that could be passed down.

reparations will eventually happen, as the country continues to roll down the hill of racial leftist lunacy

i’m just curious how it will show up in my paystub

“angry lazy leftist ignorant black tax:”.

Who am I? A fellow with common sense enough to know that nonslaves do not deserve anything in the form of reparations for something they never experienced or even came close to.

A sizable number demanding reparations never even experienced jim crow much less slavery.

Yes that’s his daughter. If the argument was a persons parents were slaves which had a direct effect on someone that would at least have more merit. There is probably not a person alive if they go back far enough had a family member that wasn’t a slave or serf.

As many have said if the left really wanted to they could already be paying for reparations themselves for slavery. Half of the country is on the left and could be donating large portions of their salaries towards reparations. Instead they are not doing jack crap other than making false promises and grand standing for votes they know it will never happen. It looks like people will just have to settle with some statues gone and taking John Wayne’s name off the airport, that they are willing to do.

The left is great on being generous on others behalf’s but conservatives donate more to charity. If I was trying to get it done I would get and strike a deal with the republicans for black votes. As long as democrats are getting 90+% of the black vote for doing nothing why would they need to start now?

I actually knew my grandfather, who was born into Ottoman slavery.

No ■■■■■■■ American black man can say the same about any of their family that was born a slave or was sold as a slave to an American. None.

I thank God the Democrats did not look to make the Mediterraneans their economic slaves like they did with the black families. Making my grandparents and parents suffer through poverty was the best thing that could have happened to them. They died with self respect.

2 Likes

Remedy what…the fact that people who have never had anything to do with slavery in 2020 aren’t interested in giving away their hard earned money to people who were never slaves because a political party chooses to toss reparations around as an incentive to get votes every couple of years?

There’s nothing to remedy, that happened in 1865.

2 Likes

Start a GoFund me account and have the actual descendents of slave owners contribute to the actual descendents of slaves.
Sound like a plan?

Labor is not inherited and her forebears had no wealth to steal. That isn’t going to work.

I’m sure it’ll net $5. :smiley:

Ok, let’s put a check for $1,000,000 payable to each slave and bury it with them.

Seriously, no one’s ok with slavery (except possibly the people that don’t want to close the border even though sexual slaves are trafficked through there every day) but it was 155 years ago. The damage was done to people that are long since dead. Find one alive and I’d say grant that person $1MM immediately and get the guy that held him as a slave to pay the fine.

Not for you to judge. Who gets an Inheritance is not your choice.

Jim Crow survivors should also get reparations

But it’s yours?

Check your privilege.

1 Like

While I totally disagree with the idea of reparations on it’s face the justification is the fact our constitution allowed slavery to exist as an institution in the US for almost 76 years after the founding and the fact that it took the gov’t nearly a hundred years to get serious about rooting out existing institutional racism that persisted following the end of the war.

We’ve already blown close to 24 trillion on the “War on Poverty” that clearly disproportionately went to poor blacks and over thirty years of affirmative action to give them a “leg up” on the rest as recompense.

The reparations have been paid, time for people to grow the hell up and accept responsibility for their own lives including the their own failures and those of their parents.

Unfortunately democrats cannot stand the idea of ever moving past race as an issue and every time we get to a point where race issues are pretty well resolved they have to do all they can to rip the scabs off and stir things up again, usually leading up to a presidential election year as another wedge issue to divide the country.

1 Like