Rep. Jim Jordan denies any knowledge of sexual abuse or misconduct, eye-witnesses say he directly witnessed it

The Bolded is one of the KEY phrases in many of the wrestlers statements.
They are Assuming that he MUST HAVE KNOWN. you can’t assume that no one should. Example when we get these shooters people going people Must have known.
The only way to make sure the person knows something is to tell them.
1 player didn’t come out and tell him but wrote a thesis paper on the subject. That isn’t telling him specifically. Not blaming the victims in this but they need to also be honest with themselves they can’t assume something.

Going after them?

No. I don’t know about Michael diSabato, but it was in a linked article on a similar thread about two weeks ago (OTB), that Dunyasha Yetts served time for fraud.

My problem with these accusations being heard now is 25 years have passed—unlike the relatively short period of time by comparison of allegations of sexual abuse in women’s gymnastics.

Former Dr. Larry Nasser is alive & incarcerated. Former Dr. Strauss died in 2005.

25 years & one accused deceased make for a difficult proof—or to disprove, for that matter.

Not all of them, no. Some claim to have directly told Jordan.

Jordan formerly said he had never heard of any abuse, he later changed that to never having had someone formally complain to him, that “locker room talk” didn’t count.

Oh I know some have claimed to tell him directly.
Shameful for Jordon to not have done anything if he knew.
And i have already said that i believe he should do what Esty is doing and not put himself up for re-election.

1500-2000 victims, seems like plenty of wrestlers remember what happened just fine.

There’s an investigation going on, my guess will be that it finds that pretty much all the faculty knew about the Doctors behaviour and did virtually nothing to stop it. Seems to be how these stories play out.

Abusers, particularly those who choose young victims, often get away with it for decades. Just the nature of the crime unfortunately.

The hedging in his interview with Baier should have been enough for anyone skeptical of the 11? or so wrestlers who have come forward, imo.

When he’s saying the locker room talk doesn’t count, it means he heard the talk.

Not sure if this was already posted or not. But here is the civil suit filed against OSU. Some pretty damning claims being made here. And it is filed against 100 unnamed defendants. Jordan’s name is referenced in the complaint, however. Which means he is likely one of the John Does.

This won’t be good for Mr. Jordan at all. Especially because the complaint is demanding a jury trial. Which means Jordan would likely be called to testify, under oath and penalty of perjury.

And yet we have the usual suspects around claiming there is no evidence at all, and this is just a smear campaign, blah blah blah.

1 Like

And likely they will once again be shown to have egg on their face at the end of this. But many will double down even then, denying it all and claiming the deep state just earned another scalp. They are nothing if not predictable.

1 Like

100 firsthand accounts of abuse. This thing grows by the say.

http://www.dispatch.com/news/20180720/ohio-state-has-at-least-100-firsthand-accounts-of-sexual-misconduct-by-strauss

they defended Roy Moore. we should expect this stuff.

1 Like

He should have gotten out ahead of this instead of all the denials. 3 months for more and more of this to come out and the investigation continuing. Has the potential to be very damaging.

i don’t see how he escapes this but Roy Moore almost won. we’ve all seen much weirder stuff.

10 more former students are suing OSU over sexual abuse claims. Including accusing school officials of either ignoring complaints (Jim Jordan?) or forcing them to get physicals from sexual deviant doctor, in order to maintain their scholarships.

“He wasn’t *********** in the shower, he was just washing his **** really fast!” - soon to be Gym Jordan’s explanation.

Even the implication that he may have witnessed improper conduct & done nothing, IMO, might as well say his chance for reelection is slim to nill.

Nah his chances for re-election are fine, Moore almost won and he actually was the one abusing kids.

Jordans chances at being elected speaker after Ryan leaves are no worse than before all this came out, essentially nil.

If the investigation finds him to officially be at fault then maybe his re-election chances will suffer, but he will just claim it’s a fake news witch-hunt, and that might be enough.

Looks like some powerful people are trying to move on this and pressure the wrestlers to change their story.

It’s now up to 145 former students. And they are focusing on the showers used by the wrestling team. :flushed:

This is new…

Adam DiSabato, a former captain of the OSU wrestling team during the late 80s and early 90s, told members of the House Civil Justice Committee that Jordan and other team officials knew about open-shower team facilities that facilitated sexual harassment and abuse of team wrestlers​, an allegation Jordan has denied.

He also said Jordan called him repeatedly in July 2018, after media outlets quoted his brother, Michael DiSabato, saying Strauss’ abuse was common knowledge to those surrounding the wrestling program, including Jordan.

“Jim Jordan called me crying, groveling… begging me to go against my brother…That’s the kind of cover-up that’s going on there,” he said.

“Are you guys going to do what you’re voted to do?” he told lawmakers later. “That’s the only reason I’m here.”

1 Like