Rep. Ilhan Omar engages in some anti-semitic tropes

Yeah she’s handling it well now.

I don’t know if she’s an anti-semite, or if she’s just using anti-Semitic language. I wouldn’t blame anyone for not giving her the benefit of the doubt at this point though, as it’s not the first time.

I’m not sure I would afford her that atm, but I aint too forgiving.

My suspicion would be that she’s picked this ■■■■ up from friends and family over the years. The unfortunate reality is that anti-Semitic propaganda is spread pretty widely amongst the pro-Palestinian movement specifically, and amongst the Islamic religious community at large.

If she’s taking flack from establishment figures on both sides of the aisle, chances are her comments on AIPAC influence are spot on.

I’d say yes, there is a government. And especially since she hails from there, why not talk about the situation ? If it’s a mess like you say, all the more reason to shed light onto the human suffering, no ?

And yes, why not criticize Saudis as well ? One can walk and chew gum at the same time :walking_woman::candy:

She is just saying what dems think.

1 Like

Nice generalizing there. :+1:

I didn’t elect her.

Doubtful. Keep in mind that around 75% of American Jews vote Democrat and if I’m not mistaken, every current Jewish sitting member of Congress is a Democrat.

I didn’t either. Generalizing much?

Yes there is a government there, they adopted Sharia Law in 2009 they are also dealing with the terrorist group Al-Shabaab who wants true Sharia Law onto the country.

When you look at Nigeria and Somalia they share a lot of the same traits although Nigeria is a much richer country, they still have to battle Boko Haram.

Something certainly worthy of conversation

This is the same lady a month ago who tweeted.

“Israel has hypnotized the world, may Allah awaken the people and help them see the evil doings of Israel.”

There is no coincidence she came from the same district who elected Keith Ellison who supported the nation of Islam (Farrakhan), it will be interesting over the next two years watching the left do word gymnastics to defend her. Her district has np with what she is saying.

CYA. Apologize after getting smacked down. Standard operating procedure.

Yep, Pelosi laying down the iron fist. I wish Republicans had a backbone and did the same thing with white nationalist Steve King.

King had his committee assignment removed. That seems more severe than a verbal warning.

This all that happened to the anti-Semitic Omar?

He should’ve “unequivocally “ apologized, but he didn’t.

She “unequivocally “ apologized and hopefully learned her lesson.

Doesn’t seem like that’s really an iron fist.

Whatever the case, Pelosi ain’t ■■■■■■■ around.

Well, if she doesnt remove Omar from a committee on Foreign Relations, she most certainly is farting around.

3 Likes

Omar “unequivocally “ apologized. She’s on notice. One more peep out of her and she gets Pelosi’s pimp slap.

1 Like

Won’t happen. Pelosi won’t slap down a Muslim woman. That’d be racist.