Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez, D-N.Y. fails to make primary ballot -- sort of

The way the article reads, is the votes from the WFP count in the Dem catagory.

Yes, the article is quite poorly written.

Votes on the WFP line in the general election count towards whichever candidate appears on their line - which is almost always the Democratic candidate for whatever office the race is for.

Votes on the WFP line in the primary don’t really matter.

So in otherwords

Not like that at all
:smiley:

Lets keep her sex life out of this.

1 Like

Actually, the votes for the CANDIDATE running as some party (or parties) in addition to running as a Dem (or GOP) will all get counted for that candidate across all tickets s/he is on.

Maybe she should run as a Republican and Libertarian too. :wink:

You can imagine a name showing up ten times representing ten different parties, and the opponent has his/her name on the ballot only once. (As an extreme.)

You say that as a joke, but it’s not entirely uncommon for the same candidate for an election to appear on both the Democratic and Republican party lines in NY.

1 Like

But, as the article on the OP points out, OAC didn’t succeed in getting even the required 15 signatures to get her name in there for this party.

I dont if there have ever been 10 parties with ballot lines at the same time.

But I have seen elections where all of the party lines had the same candidate.

Right. I did label it as extreme, of course. I wouldn’t expect it either.

Yeah, not much to say about that. Someone ■■■■■■ that up pretty bad.

Edit: I think I know exactly what happened.

There are probably about 400 - 800 WFP registrants in AOC’s district. She would likely have called the most noteworthy members to sign her petition at a fundraising event - and they didn’t check the registrations before they turned them in.

But still - she (or whoever’s job this was) should have known better. She should have turned at least twice as many signatures as needed.

Yes, but this is the first time I have ever heard of the votes they get on the separate ballot being additive.

So how would this work if Trump used his money to start 37 parties, and then placed his name at the top of each party, so that he appeared on the ballot 37 times to Bidens 1?

He did for the first primary scam that got Ocasio-Castro-Chavez shoehorned into the House seat. The “Young Turks” helped Ilhan Omar and big mouth Tlaib.
Hmmm

they are on a tripping mission to pack government with nitwit leftists and capitalism/america haters

say… wonder who funds them

It won’t work worth a damn for party line voters.

It wouldn’t make much of a difference, I suspect. Trump isn’t going to win NY, and even if he had a shot, I don’t see how listing his name 37 (or 39, I guess - since he’s already gonna be on the Republican line and the Conservative Party line) times on the ballot will help him.

Of course they are.

It would kinda defeat the purpose, if the votes weren’t counted together.

Defet the purpose of getting on the ballot under multiple political parties???

That shouldn’t be the goal to get as many votes from different parties as you can and call them all yours. I mean seriously, if they are listed under three parties and they win, what party gets the credit?

1 Like