Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez, D-N.Y. fails to make primary ballot -- sort of

download (8)

Lol good one. Thanks for the trip down memory lane.

1 Like

Never fear. The left wing will find some way to get her reelected. Who else is genius enough to lead them?

no just a thousand screaming four letter words the night trump won

him and his young turk idiots. lol

fun night

1 Like

He was an AOC handler.

She found a new job.

1 Like

Exactly like that.

New York isn’t the only state with fusion voting.

That’s messed up. Votes shouldn’t be shared between parties. Pick a party and run with it. Or alternatly votes remain only in that party for that candidate.

You’re welcome to your opinion. I think it’s a pretty good system. It allows people to make a statement by voting third-party, while not throwing their vote away on a candidate who can’t win.

1 Like

So this brings up a new question for – especially for new york.

Democratic primary is a CLOSED primary. Does this other party hold their primary the same day?? If it’s closed how can votes by NON democrats count?

I believe both parties primaries are held the same day - if WFP even chooses to hold a primary. They generally choose candidates at their convention.

People who are registered as WFP members - they are not many - cannot vote in the Democratic primary - just as Democrats cannot vote in the WFP primary, if the party chooses to hold a primary.

Precisely . . . so how can WFP votes count in the Dem primary?

They don’t.

I find no fault in the system.

Then why be in both again?

I’m not sure I understand your question. Do you mean why would a candidate petition to be on both party lines, or why WFP matters in the primary?

The way the article reads, is the votes from the WFP count in the Dem catagory.

Yes, the article is quite poorly written.

Votes on the WFP line in the general election count towards whichever candidate appears on their line - which is almost always the Democratic candidate for whatever office the race is for.

Votes on the WFP line in the primary don’t really matter.

So in otherwords

Not like that at all
:smiley:

Lets keep her sex life out of this.

1 Like