Remember when the Obama admin wiretapped Angela Merkel's phone

Sounds like this is where it all got started. Wiretapping everyone for politics. Then they learned they could wire tap Americans when they were wiretapping Israel over opposition to the Iran deal, because Americans talked to people in Israel about the deal.

“Barack Obama ‘approved tapping Angela Merkel’s phone 3 years ago’
President Barack Obama was told about monitoring of German Chancellor in 2010 and allowed it to continue, says German newspaper”

[Barack Obama 'approved tapping Angela Merkel's phone 3 years ago']

too bad it got out.

you know that we tap phones of foreign leaders now right.

Trump authorized it. LOL. even his friend Marcon.

Its how the spy game works

Allan (explaining how things work to cons on hannity since 2002)

1 Like

Obama wasn’t President in 2002 when the US monitoring of Merkel’s phone is reported to have started.

1 Like

Ayup. President Obama, like President Trump inherited an NSA et al that have been monitoring allies and enemies for quite some time.

It is all part of the game.

Gosh, no link to prove your point. I bet there’s a major difference as Merkel was not tee’d at Bush, or Trump

This is what Obama did with his friends…now imagine what he done with his political enemies.

3 Likes

If that’s scandalous to you, this will really knock your socks off: There are plans to invade Germany in the back of a drawer in the Pentagon somewhere.

How are we peons supposed to know top secret stuff like who we are wiretapping.

Here’s a hint; I work for ATT

good lord–do I really have to explain this stuff to you and draw you pictures.

Allan

its classified…jeez

Yes, Bush wiretapped, but I think the Obama admin took it to a new level using it for domestic politics. That’s the point.

1 Like

a new level. LOL

wiretapping has been for ages.

basically likes see some proof of illegal wiretapping of the donald.

Allan

Look it up Buttercup.

http://www.cnn.com/2005/POLITICS/12/17/bush.nsa/

Allan

Ah yes, the good old days when US Presidents were honest men, spreading cheer and good will, with our foreign allies.

The question is, do you think it’s okay for our government to be spying on the American people, if the actual deed is simply farmed out to private contractors?

Ah, but the New York Times reported Germany dropped the inquiry into the wiretapping because of lack of evidence. So your whole point falls flatter than Trump’s intelligence.

1 Like

I though the Patriot act was going to protection us from the terrorists?

Republican told us it was the only way to defeat terrorism.

I didn’t know about that.

The prese has the authority to spy on anyone overseas he wants to.

For decades the policy was "don’t spy on leaders of allied nations "

I wish that were still the policy.

that was our policy?

We always spied on allied countries and they have spied on us.

Allan