Remember when GWB was the devil incarnate?

What is your evidence that this was Bush’s ad?

And the claim of racism because of the Horton campaign point is based on … what?

Just looking at the ad you linked, where is the racism in it? It’s factual. It’s an example (the worst example) of a horrible result of the Dukakis prison policy. Wouldn’t anyone highlighting a problem with someone’s policies choose to use the worst example to do so?

1 Like

They have been calling hillary an embodiment of satan for almost 30 years…

Atwater sent an apology letter to Dukakas.

They may be onto something. Think?

You can bet when he passes, the liberal spin machine will be praising him to high heavens.
I’ve seen them do it with Reagan, Ford, McCain and now GHW Bush.
They savaged all of these people when they were alive and healthy.
I think it’s a way of running cover. Like the Devil getting a new hairdo for a funeral.

How do you know that this was Bush’s ad?
And whether it was or wasn’t, where’s the racism?
And if it racist, so what? Black people killing white people is the worst.

I do remember that he used to call Dukakis a bozo. That basically worked, especially after the tank ad by Dukakis.
He pulled the same thing in 1992 and not so much. For one thing neither Clinton nor Perot seemed like bozos, and besides its easier to call one opponent that rather than two.
He did a memorable ad right before the election calling them bozos. It looked silly, IMO. They were just about tied in the polls at that point and I have long suspected that ad may have cost him the election.

Dubya is a good man who got waylaid by neocons and his own gullibility due to his vindictiveness towards Sadaam Hussein.

His desire to take him out clouded his thinking I suspect.

Then he wasn’t a good man. There is nothing worse a president can do than send thousands of men to die out of personal pique.

Truly good people can make big mistakes. He was led to believe liberated Iraqis would be throwing roses to the troops etc. He was told there were WMD. He was told democracy would take hold as sure as the sun shines. He fell for it hook, line and sinker.