Remember When $2 Gas was Mocked?

Remember when conservatives said low gas prices were bad when the price was falling uner obama?

3 Likes

They are bad for Texas. I’m not glad she was right.

Yes. I remember when Fox News mocked low gas prices under President Barack Hussein Obama.

Fox News has finally figured out that low gas prices are bad

By Jess Zimmerman on May 10, 2012

1 Like

In 2015

Gas prices went below $2 in Obama’s 2nd term despite bachman’s fear mongering. She was wrong. And so are you.

It’s been a rough week for cons though I can see why you’re playing this game.

5 Likes

I saw prices in the 1.9x range in 2015/2016.

Take a look at national averages starting in 2015. You’re a little late to the show.

Welp, in New York, it sure as heck isn’t below $2.

Maniac Michelle is still wrong.

No she wasn’t.

And she wasn’t mocked. It was explained why such low prices were unlikely and/or a harbinger of POOR economic news.

When there was essentially endless ability to ramp up capacity for oil production, lower prices would be a boon to the economy.

That isn’t the case anymore. We’re on an undulating plateau of production capacity balanced against demand.

That’s ignoring the Iran deal which played a major role. We all remember bachman’s stance on Iran.

Apparently all cons have to do now is say they will do something, ignore it when it happens with the other party, then when they take office claim it was them

1 Like

Yes, Cal makes gas very expensive. One of the reasons we have the most poor of any state.

5th largest economy in the world. There’s a reason why poor people flock here.

Opportunity.

Here’s just such a moment from the counterfactual Bachmann administration:

Thanks, Obama!

Then who cares about the poor and homeless, right?..

And I believe this wraps the thread up nicely.

Well done!

Well, can you prove that her plan for drilling for oil in the Everglades that didn’t happen when she didn’t become president isn’t responsible for a current, local gas price under $2?

Check. And Mate.

Note: Even crazy Allen West was all: Sorry Michele–that’s too crazy, even for me.

PS: Close your wiki. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Bachman specific claims were mocked, not the idea that gas could ever be $2 again.

1 Like

That was after they said lots of things:

“When President Obama took office, gas prices were about $1.85 per gallon,” said Sen. Mike Lee (R-Utah). “Now that they’re up to about $3.75 per gallon, we can see a steady increase. Over this 38-month period of time of his presidency so far, gasoline prices have risen on . . . . average of about 5 cents per gallon per month. This is staggering when you think about the fact that if he’s reelected, it’s a total of an additional 58 months. With that increase, gas prices will be up at around $6.60 per gallon.”

(2012)

Newt Gingrich also proved prophetic, as always.

“If you would like to have a national American energy policy, never again bow to a Saudi king and pay $2.50 a gallon, Newt Gingrich will be your candidate. If you want $10 a gallon gasoline, an anti-energy secretary, and in weakness requiring us to depend on foreigners for our energy, Barack Obama should be your candidate.”

Gingrich broke his promise to me: I voted for Obama, but I never got $10 gasoline.

1 Like

You are like three years late to the party, homie. And she said “under Michelle Bachman…”, which is the part that was mocked. You do remind me of her though.

1 Like

I miss her.

com

As ooposed to the desert dry ranches of Texas or the melting mulch of Missippi