Red state Vs Blue state -- is it okay to hunt down an kill the opposition?

I just watched the preview, and read the plot premise on IMDBs website. Reads like a knockoff of Hunger Games - evil wealthy elites using an underclass for sport. And, like the HG, the heroine turns the tables on the elites. I think they were smart to change the title if it was in fact originally called “Blue State, Red State” and as divided as the nation is politically (coupled with recent politically motivated mass murder) I would say the timing isn’t great.

From what I can see, however, the story puts the “red state” underclass in a heroic light.

2 Likes

That one political group (that opposes guns) is kidnapping and hunting down people they disagree with.

The three recent shooting events are much more important than a fantasy movie that may not get released. We all should be more worried about those real-life events, the people who committed them and how we can prevent those tragedies from happening ever again.

3 Likes

Apparently you haven’t heard of “Get Out.”

1 Like

Its a dumb horror movie. They all have people hunting down other people. This is just a dumb politcal reimagining of the dangerous game.

I already saw that movie, it’s called Surviving the Game with Ice-T, Rutger Hauer (RIP), and Gary Busey.

“A homeless man [Ice-T] is hired as a survival guide for a group of wealthy businessmen on a hunting trip in the mountains, unaware that they are killers who hunt humans for sport, and that he is their new prey.”

1 Like

Heard of it? I’ve seen it.

It has nothing to do with the idea behind this movie, but thanks for playing.

You mean to tell me that bad guys in movies might not always be on the up and up with what their public face shows?

That maybe that bad guys have a hidden agenda?

Well color me shocked!

They have.

It’s called Surviving the Game. A black homeless man played by Ice-T is hunted by Rutger Hauer and a bunch of other white guys.

1 Like

Yes. The Bad Guys. The Evil People. Who the Heroes defeat.

Cripes, Thanos was made super sympathetic and snapped away trillions of people and nobody complained then.

1 Like

Jersey elites hunting down Texas deplorables for sport.

Now thats a movie.

Allan

2 Likes

…so?

It’s a movie. A fictional story, describing not real people doing not real things.

Are you suggesting that this movie might inspire liberals to hunt conservatives? I really don’t understand what you’re upset about.

I haven’t because I don’t do horror films, but the premise as I recall is white people stealing the bodies of young black people. That should be every bit as outrageous by your theory as some white people hunting black people.

Didn’t Get Out get nominated for some Oscars?

Seen part of that one.

Once again, nothing to do with the topic at hand, or what I posted.

Beat me to it.

1 Like

This is an example of how our culture has shifted to include more extreme things within the boundaries of acceptability.

It’s not jut about killing. It’s about so many facets of human existence. Things that simply were not part of the social mores decades ago are commonplace today.

And a lot of it is dismissed as "It’s only … (whatever…) "

This movie is just another example. It will not get nixed. It’ll probably even do well at the box office.

Many things that used to be extreme back then are getting encircled within the boundaries of acceptability (or at least tolerance). And it takes something ultra-extreme (like mass murder) to raise culture-wide concerns.

“In this climate”

“Inciting violence”

“Words matter”

But I understand the liberal need for this type of release. They can’t do it in the real world.

“The Most Dangerous Game” was written in 1924

3 Likes

Ummm… I hate to break it to you, but people have been telling stories about people killing people for thousands of years.

So a movie about a group of white men hunting a black men is not a valid response to, and I quote, “Change it to straight hunting gays, or whites hunting blacks and watch the outrage.”? It was a direct answer to your specific comment - which part of that are you missing? Completely unrelated?