Red Flag Laws Expanded in CA

Democratic Gov. [Gavin Newsom] signed 15 gun-related bills into law Friday, tightening the state’s already-stringent [Second Amendment](strong textfreedoms/second-amendment) restrictions.

One of the bills, which expands a so-called “red flag” law to allow co-workers, employers and educators to seek gun violence restraining orders against firearms owners they fear are a danger to themselves and others, was vetoed twice by Newsom’s predecessor, Jerry Brown.

How ■■■■■■ up is this bill if Governor Moonbeam vetoed it, twice.

It gave them a platform to go after gun owners. They will keep making it easier and easier to red flag em.

Helps them with a key part of their voting base too. The criminals.

1 Like

From the Mark’s link:

The American Civil Liberties Union (ACLU) opposed the bill, saying it “poses a significant threat to civil liberties” because a restraining order can be sought before a gun owner has an opportunity to dispute the request.

Well, well.

Additionally, those making a request under the new law may “lack the relationship or skills required to make an appropriate assessment,” the ACLU said.

Ya think?

Hey can I flag someone because their pants aren’t held up at their waste? I feel like those people are dangerous and may be criminals or belong to a gang. The police should pay them a visit and search their homes for guns, just to be safe.

2 Likes

Wear a hoody! WEAR A HOODY AND SEE WHAT HAPPENS!

1 Like

Not at all. Why do you think the dems want felons voting?

They know who those guys like and would vote for.

1 Like

Or a mask in public, cough Antifa cough flag on the play!

If you are their immediate family, employer, coworker or an employee or teacher of a school they attend and are willing to sign a petition under oath then yes, knock yourself out. I’m guessing none of these apply…

There aren’t repercussions for filing a false report.

Oooh, a petiton under oath, that I feel they are dangerous, high bar there.

Exactly. What’s the worst thing that can happen? It’s not granted. There are no checks on who’s filing the request.

Except for this section of the statute already in place…

Law section.

I know in this time of Trump things like oaths are cliche but I can assure you most judges still take them pretty seriously…

And? Is the judge going to be able to prove I didn’t really “feel” they were dangerous? Neat trick.

I have an idea… Let’s try your theory… Porfirio Paz is a known antifa leader in California. File a red flag petition and let’s see how it goes… Come on, what’s stopping you?

The fact that I have had no personal interaction with him, which doesn’t mean no conservative has. If I worked or went to school with him, I could.

We are all co-workers in a globalist collective.

I feeeeel they need a red flag.

A misdemeanor. :rofl:

You said there are no repercussions for filing a false petition, why do you care what the law says?