Recent hangings of people of color

A friend of mine hung himself to death in 2017. All he did was wrap that belt around his neck, secure it to the door frame, and bent his knees until he passed out. It was quiet enough for no one to notice until the next morning. It was a ■■■■■■ morning.

I suspect that 99.9999 % of people who hang themselves are people of color. People of color means non-albinos. Everyone other than albinos has skin pigmentation.

~25% of suicides are by suffocation or hanging… Yeah, really odd that 4 “people of color” have hanged themselves. :roll_eyes:

Some people are DESPERATE to keep the racist BS alive.

1 Like

I’m just worth more than these emotional diatribes regularly sent my way is all. :sunglasses:

When was the last verified lynching by the KKK in America?

Educate me? You cant even spell, much less use correct grammar. Educate me… :rofl:

Yeah, autocorrect means I can’t spell. :rofl:

Who cares?

I care. I completely debunks your statement. The history of your hometown? When? 40 years ago? 50? The fact of the matter is that you’re looking for the boogeyman and you’re hell bent on seeing it. We all want to prosecute anyone that murders but desperately looking from death to death for signs of a lynching is just silly. Show me one and I’ll be for life without parole for the murderer but meanwhile, we have thousands of black men killing black people and some want to ignore that and search for a murder that shows how racist we still are. Are you aware that black men murder more black men every year than have been lynched in the history of the KKK? That’s not to take away the disgusting practices of the KKK but if you’re looking for the low hanging fruit on how to protect black Americans, how about start with solving the ~7,000 murders each year that have black offenders?

Can someone be lynched by a group other than the KKK? Who cares how long it’s been… does years between lynchings mean it can’t happen?

Who’s ignoring that? Tell me…

Are you also aware that white men murder more white men than they do any other race?

Sounds like you are saying we should ignore white supremacist because black people kill more black peoples. You know how ridiculous that sounds?

Again, this assumes that work isn’t already being done in that area

I doubt these statistics appear in any of the news stories.

13000 people committed suicide by suffocation / hanging in the US each year:

White males commit suicide a rate almost three times that of African-Americans:
https://www.usnews.com/news/healthiest-communities/articles/2019-06-20/suicide-by-race-age-in-the-us

Yes, they can… however, how many times does this happen? You pointed out the history of your community. Is this a big issue there?

Who’s ignoring it? How about every single person that’s hyper-focused on a murder or two from the police or pretend murders with hangings where suicide has been ruled…

Yup. FULLY aware and it’s an issue for society in general to deal with. Here’s my problem, we’re focused as a country right now on police brutality and murders of black people. I don’t disagree that we should focus on it but WHY ON EARTH has this turned into a racial issue when MOST of the murders are committed by other blacks? I’m not throwing a fit about the 15% of whites murdered by blacks because I don’t think there’s a difference in the color of the murderer… I think it’s a problem we need to fix and to me, it starts with men acting like men and raising their kids.

What work is being done in that area? All I hear about with these crime bills is how too many black men are arrested and calls to defund the police while the murder rate isn’t falling.

Was there anything specific about the information that he provided you that was wrong?

1 Like

All of the people that haven’t been lynched.

1 Like

Should we be concerned about crucifixions? After all, the time that has passed since the last one apparently doesn’t matter.

Dirty Romans. :smiley:

I didn’t say there was a history of lynchings in my home town. I said a history of white Supremacists.

So you can focus on breast cancer unless you focus on all cancers? Is that your stance? Focusing on police brutality only matters if AT THE SAME TIME we also focus on black on black crime?

Then you aren’t really listening

So that translates into two lynchings? Wow.

Don’t try to figure out what I’m saying, you’re not qualified. My stance is we’re wasting a LOT of effort on something that’s relatively rare and making NO progress in the massive number of murders each year.

Oh, I don’t think I’m the one not listening.

Supposedly one in five suicides are from hanging/suffocation, they aren’t that rare.

Yes. This part right here.

Now, you’re dismissed. Have a good day.