Really Theodore Rosevelt?

Just saw were it was announced that Teddy Roosevelts statue will be removed from the American Museum of Natural History the statue itself has been targeted by thugs many times in the past

and the museum has complained that they have had many threats in the past that the statue would be removed forcefully so today it looks like they gave into the mob issued some garbage statement of surrender and will remove it.

I have personally kept mostly quiet with the confederate statue removal and even said if people vote on removing it I am ok with it, but that I don’t support the mob removing them. I also said it won’t end at the confederacy and this particular case I find troubling, not out of my love of Teddy Roosevelt but the fact that it’s hard to find a ranking of American presidents that Teddy Rosevelt is not in the top 10 list and most of the time he is around number 4 or 5 of all time presidents. The confederacy ones didn’t bother me this one does, not sure were this ends but it has widespread disapproval yet continues unabated.

1 Like

Because they are liars. This was never about the confederacy at all. Fake outrage. It’s about destroying American pride, culture, tradition and history. And replacing it with communism. The same with flag kneeling. De Blasio isn’t putting up the white flag, he’s one of them. And you people here who support democrats should be ashamed of this and yourselves for participation in this lie. With big tech banning conservative speech, can book burning be far behind? You are trying to create the kind of totalitarian regime that some of your precious illegals are fleeing. Just get the hell out of this country if it offends you so much.

4 Likes

You really have no clue what the kids are all about do you.
kids don’t care about communism.

3 Likes

Cut the crap. I have absolutely no interest in your lame-assed judgement of me right now. Talk about the topic or don’t talk at all. Grow up.

What do 18 year old kid know about communism, all they know about the cold war they learned in history class between playing on their phones.

are you under the impression they hate America? they don’t they dislike the America they grew up in the NSA surveillance, militarized police, post 9/11 America cluster ■■■■■

2 Likes

I know this…the world doesn’t orbit your navel.

1 Like

I was not aware that an 18 year old decided to remove the statue. Neither were you. Do you like the statue coming down?

what do you think the average age of people protesting right now is? it 18-30.
they are entering the workforce during one of the worst economic declines in modern history, they are working â– â– â– â–  paying jobs.

.Baby Boomers ran the U.S into the ground and then get mad when people start questioning them.

4 Likes

Answer my question first. Do you think the decision to remove the Roosevelt statue was wise?

I don’t give a care its a piece of brass, melt it down for all I care.
no one is going to forget that Roosevelt was a U.S President.

1 Like

Some of us do. It’s a tribute to our history and history is extremely important.

2 Likes

Roosevelt’s statue has a Native American & an African American on each side next to him/beneath him.

The statue “does not reflect Theodore Roosevelt’s legacy” —Theodore Roosevelt IV

1 Like

History is not taught by monuments
History is taught in a classroom.

the temple of Zeus was burned down.
yet we still know who the whole Greek mythology.

1 Like

Baseball, hotdogs, apple pie and Chevrolet…

Baseball came from Cricket.
Hot dogs originated in Germany.
Chevrolet was an immigrant from Switzerland.
Apple pie originated from England.

The only sport that originated in the United States is Basketball.

2 Likes

Your talking to people who grew up in post 9/11 America, the one where the FBI was bugging churches, and waterboarding and Assassinating Citizens, the America were due process has become a matter of wealth not a matter of justice.

the America in which the economy crashed, the one where wages have been stagnate their whole lives well inflation has gone up.

The America where they can barely afford to rent, the dream of ownership is almost impossible.

The concept of the America dream is dead to that generation, it never existed.

3 Likes

…and the US is a nation of immigrants. Glad you’re catching on.

What does this have to do with Roosevelt’s statue?

These kids don’t know ■■■■■ Their, emotional, and by and large the only life experience most of them know is sitting in classrooms hearing how awful America is.

1 Like

I’m mostly observing those neglected by the guidance of great parenting.

1 Like