REALITY CHECK: De Blasio Says ‘Really Tough’ to Continue Campaign without a ‘Viral Moment’

Originally published at: REALITY CHECK: De Blasio Says ‘Really Tough’ to Continue Campaign without a ‘Viral Moment’ | Sean Hannity

Failing presidential hopeful Bill de Blasio admitted this week his campaign will be “really tough” to continue over the coming months without a “viral moment” to reinvigorate his bid for the White House.

“People go from unheard of to totally famous in 72 hours in America now,” he said Wednesday. “So a candidate like me who’s not that well known yet, you ask me in 72 hours, right? And something might change.”

“This is a job that requires energy and attention every hour of every day and that’s what I do,” de Blasio added. “There’s countless phone calls, countless emails, checking in on all different leaders of different agencies and folks in City Hall. And that is why you continue to see a host of initiatives moving forward. It’s the nature of the job as a CEO that you’re responsible for making sure that everything is moving. And everything is moving. That’s just the reality.”

De Blasio hopes for 'viral moment' to save campaign https://t.co/eFDojtDeV2

— Fox5NY (@fox5ny) September 5, 2019

De Blasio’s admission comes the same week a scathing report from the New York Post revealed the mayor spent just 7 hours inside City Hall the same month he launched his presidential campaign.

Mayor Bill de Blasio spent a mere seven hours — less than one full workday — at City Hall during the month he launched his bid for the White House, records reviewed by The Post show,” reports the New York Post. “Hizzoner showed up at his office on just six occasions in May, taking part in two meetings, four events and five phone calls, one of which was his weekly appearance on WNYC radio.”

“The 11 appointments amounted to a meager one-fifth of the 50 meetings, calls and other events at City Hall on de Blasio’s calendar for May 2018. He had a total 152 city events scheduled for the month,” adds the Post.

“If he’s trying to show New Yorkers that he’s over doing the job, he’s doing a good job of it,” said a former staffer.