RBG has passed away

I am shocked. She fought cancer valiantly.

Rest well Justice Ginsberg.

1 Like

My aunt had it a few years back. She made it only a short time after being diagnosed as well. Cancer sucks.

1 Like

Rest in Peace. And many thanks for the years of service.

1 Like

^

I’m going to paraphrase something that Navy members might recognize, I don’t claim it’s a good conversion, but it’s what I got:
For many years
This Judge has stood the watch

While some of us were in our beds at night
This Judge stood the watch

While some of us were in school learning our trade

Yes… even before some of us were born into this world

In those years when the storm clouds of controversy were seen brewing on the horizon of history

She stood the watch for many years
She stood the watch so that we, our families and
Our fellow countrymen could sleep soundly in safety, Each and every night
Knowing that a Judge stood the watch

Today we are here to say
'Judge… the watch stands relieved
Relieved by those You have trained ,Guided, and Led
Judge you stand relieved… we have the watch…"

RGP, you were one tough bird.
.WW, USN(ret)

3 Likes

Well said, shipmate.

2 Likes

Yes it is and pancreas cancer seems to be the worst in terms of taking one out the fastest.

Sorry for the loss of your aunt and prayers :pray:

3 Likes
Mod Note

Be advised, after discussing it with management, for the next 24 hours Justice Ginsburg is a protected person on the forum.

6 Likes

RIP to a great legal mind.

She and Nino may be enjoying an opera right about now on the other side.

3 Likes

Rest in peace.

She was a tough old lady.

May she rest in peace with her best friend, Antonio Scalia. They will be with each other forever now.

Pancreatic cancer is no joke. My grandmother’s neighbor’s husband died from pancreatic cancer. I would say it is probably one of the more aggressive cancers.

Ode to a fighter who refused to die.

My younger sister succumbed to pancreatic cancer a few years back. She too only made it a short time after being diagnosed. While I disagree with most of RGB’s rulings, I wish her only the peace she so well deserves.

5 Likes

Wow, what a shock.

RIP to one tough lady.

My thoughts and prayers are with her family and friends.

RIP RBG.

She was a giant and a woman in a man’s world- she was loved and respected by millions. Those who knew her personally say she spoke constantly about her family and that they were her whole world.

1 Like

She seemed to have been a very fine person. An example to all. And that’s what matters most.

Good Lord. What a horrible thing to go through. My deepest sympathies.

2 Likes

I’m so sorry for what you and your family had to endure.

I’m sorry for the loss of your sister.

Watching Trumps reaction to hearing her death was so real and raw. He was lost for words and what he said was a true credit to him. He said she was an amazing woman who led an amazing life.

This is not politics but illustrates how deeply she was admired and respected by everyone.

6 Likes