Rashida Tlaib - The Answer

It’s his blatant lying to fire up his base and divide us even further than we are that offends me the most.

1 Like

Personality vs. policy, lib.

Not that word. The NYT published the word.

Apparently. Good of you to admit.

Still don’t care. What did you think was going to happen?

If you tolerate trump, why can’t we tolerate her? Why can’t democrats be neutered too?

No, that’s me quoting you when you’re defending your boy talking like a clown.

Oh you absolutely can and obviously are. Now everything is equity.

You’re giving up the moral high ground. Shame

Wait, what? The wicked society has the moral high ground? That’s news to us.

You’ve been claiming it in the WOT for 2.5 years. I gave you the benefit of the doubt.

I don’t really know anyone who complains about his filthy mouth. We complain about his stupidity and dishonesty and inconsistency. We complain about his petulance and gaslighting and self-praise.

She called him a ■■■■■■■■■■■■ and that’s exactly what he is. Come back when she’s talked like this about literally everyone for 40+ years and then gets elected president.

1 Like

But of course he also became President (as we are often reminded). So I’m not sure that it is an entirely unsuccessful strategy to employ either.

I’m not. I don’t get my standards from the POTUS. He serves me, not the other way around.

Good point. We might as well get on with it, huh?

“He serves me.”

That’s rich. You honestly believe this garbage president, leading this garbage society, gives a single damn about your contention that he serves you?

■■■■■ as much as I personally dislike Trump, the number one reason I want to see him broken on the wheel and hopefully impeached and convicted is that this style of politics need to be discredited.

Because otherwise, eventually a smart person who understands politics is going to take Trump’s Huey Long style rhetoric and actually be able to back it up with some rewards for his “forgotten man” followers and they’re gonna get elected president and it’s gonna be Buzz Windrip.

We only dodged this bullet with Huey Long because Long couldn’t dodge bullets.

5 Likes

Obviously it’s not.

There’s a theory of ratchet effect in economies: basically that escalations self-perpetuate and once set in motion are difficult to reverse. If voters don’t care about it when it actually matters (at the polls), then… yeah I guess we might as well get on with it.

Geez, at least a cherrypick a whole sentence instead of a fragment.

Sadly, I’m thinking it’s too late - Donald was the opening salvo in the Age of Idiocy. Americans have long demonstrated a ravenous appetite for banality and melodrama in their entertainment tastes; it was inevitable it would spill over into politics. I agree with those who contend we’ve got to go a lot further down this rabbit hole until enough people push back to effect a reversal.